PDA

View Full Version : Yeah, I'm a newb - how to play a Flush draw here?

Brian
08-19-2004, 06:46 AM
One of the very first hands of a Stars 30+3 SnG. Blinds 10/20, all have ~T1500. I'm dealt K /images/graemlins/club.gif 9 /images/graemlins/club.gif in the CO-1 and I limp after a MP limper. CO comes along, Button folds, SB completes, BB checks. 5 to the Flop, T100.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 7 /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB led 80, BB folded, and MP raised it 100 more to 180. What's your play?

-Brian

Tosh
08-19-2004, 06:48 AM
Fold.

fatduck
08-19-2004, 06:52 AM
Easy fold.

You don't have odds to make this call. I failed math twice in college but if I had to throw out a random BS figure I'd say the odds are 4:1 against you making your flush on the turn and if you were to call here you'd be getting only 2:1 on your money.

durron597
08-19-2004, 07:01 AM
Fold preflop. You aren't even drawing to the nut flush, so even if it hits the guy you think is paying you off is actually taking your stack (not to mention you don't have odds to stay in this hand on the flop).

gergery
08-19-2004, 01:50 PM
The preflop call is marginal. I might make it if there were 1) more limpers, 2) the loose aggressive types had had a few more hands to blow themselves up, or 3) you are on button. But many CO/buttons will limp after this too so you may not have good position, and the Ac may be out.

On flop, this is easy fold for me. One of the two has an A (or better), it may get reraised particularly since the wild players are still here, and you may not even have the best draw or might be against trips/twopair, and you have only 9 outs at best (as opposed to 12 outs with flushdraw + overcard).

--Greg

Lori
08-19-2004, 01:55 PM
If you weren't sure about folding by now, fold anyway because, amongst all the other things, the SB may push all in when it gets back to him.

Lori