PDA

View Full Version : A9s on button, turn fold - Who else makes this weak weak fold?

ipp147
08-19-2004, 06:12 AM
Want to make sure I'm not being results orientated, who does and who doesn't make this fold (the results went a bit funny in the converter - the hand I left took the pot down, no peeking til you decide to fold the turn or not)

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, CO folds, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP1 checks, Hero bets, SB raises, BB folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (7 BB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB bets, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

River: (9 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, MP1 checks.

Final Pot: 9 BB

Results in white below: <font color="white">
SB shows 8d 8c (one pair, eights).

Pinlifter
08-19-2004, 06:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Turn: (7 BB) 5 (3 players)
SB bets, MP1 calls, Hero folds.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can call here because you close the action.

Pinlifter

Guy McSucker
08-19-2004, 10:01 AM
You're getting 9-1 here: easily enough to call and look at the last card and the action.

Guy.

Patriarch
08-19-2004, 10:05 AM
I'm not sure why the turn made you decide to fold.

cjs
08-19-2004, 10:12 AM
I would have called the turn bet, looking to improve on the river. And folded to a bet on the river after no improvement.

BigEndian
08-19-2004, 10:13 AM
You have odds to draw, the real question is can you call the river if it's bet. The answer is no.

Also, don't post results, they have no bearing on how you should have played it and can distort feedback.

- Jim

sublime
08-19-2004, 12:14 PM
What type of player is the SB?

Would he play a draw like this? If not he probably has TP or even two pair. All of these you have outs against.

I would call.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-19-2004, 12:30 PM
I would 3-bet the flop.

BigEndian
08-19-2004, 01:21 PM
What does that gain you? I think it's more than a wee bit excessive when you have multi-way action. Your opponents could all be on a draw, but if the Straight and flush draws are out, you're expectation is not great. Combined with the chance that a T is out and 3-betting the flop isn't a good idea.

- Jim