PDA

View Full Version : Should I read ITH if...

Ragone
08-19-2004, 04:39 AM
I already read and understand WLLH... does ITH offer anything WLLH does not? thanks

08-19-2004, 11:07 AM
uh...yeah!
ITH covers A LOT more material than WLLH. Compared to ITH, WLLH reads almost like a quick brochure to playing hold'em without losing your shirt in your first sitting.

ITH covers pot odds, implied odds, more extensive discussion on postflop play, quiz and answers on actual hands (a very big part of this book which is lacking in WLLH), discussion on turn and river play (which is almost non existent on WLLH), slowplaying, etc... check out Matthew Hilger's site for a synopsis of his book.

Many posters including myself feel that ITH should be just read first..you can probably skip WLLH.

maurile
08-19-2004, 03:20 PM
Yes.

Once you've read WLLH, you're ready to play low-limit hold 'em. Go ahead and start logging your hours. Follow Jones's advice and you should win, or at least break even, in terms of EV (if not actual short-term results).

But you're also ready to start learning some more advanced concepts in both pre-flop and post-flop play. ITH offers this, as well as many hand examples for reinforcement. It is a good book.

spamuell
08-19-2004, 04:19 PM
What about if I've read WLLHE but also HEPFAP, SSHE and understood the concepts (I think)?

I would imagine that ITH is still worth reading if only for a different presentation of ideas and concepts and for knowing what my ideas opponents might have read, but would you think I would pick up any completely new concepts?

maurile
08-19-2004, 07:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about if I've read WLLHE but also HEPFAP, SSHE and understood the concepts (I think)?

I would imagine that ITH is still worth reading if only for a different presentation of ideas and concepts and for knowing what my ideas opponents might have read, but would you think I would pick up any completely new concepts?

[/ QUOTE ]
I don't think you'd pick up any new concepts from ITH if you've read and understood and can remember and correctly apply everything in SSHE and HPFAP.

Blarg
08-19-2004, 09:19 PM
Agreed. But ITH will probably make understanding SSHE and HEPFAP much easier, and give you a more balanced style of play to use as a foundation to judge other books, and changes to your game, than you would have if you just dived in right after WLLH.

pistol78
08-19-2004, 09:32 PM
Is ITH, Internet Texas Holdem by Hilger?

Sent
08-20-2004, 06:30 AM
Yes, read both ITH and SSH

-Sent