PDA

View Full Version : The most you've ever won when bluffing, and caught thread....

h_ven
08-19-2004, 03:22 AM
I was playing at a home game with the usual players. They no I like to bluff, I had just got back from a party and sat down and bought in for $100.

It's a $0.50/$1.00 NLHE.

Im UTG with 72o.

I make it $65 to go. I have $30 left in chips.

1 fold, button said that I had 72. He calls.

Flop was 9 5 2r.

I check and he puts me all in for my last $30, I call and he flips over AJo.

Rags fall and I win $180 (90BB) with 72o.

Noo Yawk
08-19-2004, 09:22 AM
I was playing in a live 20-40 game. I had free look with J-8 suited in the BB. The board was (9-10-4)5 with 2 of my suit on the turn. I raise out 2 players and I'm heads up on the river. The River is a purple Ace. I take a stab at the pot and my opponent thinks for a while and calls.
I say "good call, I've only got J high". He looks at my hand and says "thats good".

We laughed about it for a bit, but he told me he thought I would just muck my hand if he called like a lot of players in that place tend to do when caught bluffing and they don't want to show. Basically he was pulling the old "bluff-Call". /images/graemlins/ooo.gif Never throw your hand away!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ThePopinjay
08-19-2004, 12:14 PM
Purple Aces and $65 into a $1BB NL game.. What is this thread!?

Sponger15SB
08-19-2004, 12:41 PM
my friend used to do this a while back at $50NL 6-max on party, if he was new at the table and got 72o, he'd raise all in preflop in an unraised pot and then show, I don't know if he wanted the table image, or just got some really odd kick out of doing that.

Anyways one time he gets called by AKs, a 7 hits the board and my friend gets the pot. He said he fell out of his chair he was laughing so hard, and also that he has never seen someone so pissed off in their life at the tables.

BigBaitsim (milo)
08-19-2004, 01:18 PM
I think I posted this one before, but it's a personal fav.

Excalibur 4/8 loose-passive table that is afraid of me as I'm up three racks in two hours. Four limpers, including me in LP with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. WPT wannabe in the SB, who raises everything and gets no respect makes it two bets, and all call.

Flop is rags. WPT bets, I raise, all fold to button (who plays any two) and WPT who reluctantly call.

Turn is a rag. WPT checks, I bet, button folds, WPT calls.

River is a rag. WPT checks, I bet, WPT thinks for a long while, then mucks AQo face up. I show fellow 2+2er Al Capone, Jr. my A4s before mucking. The dealer sees this, and flips my hand over for all to see. WPT is displeased /images/graemlins/cool.gif.

Filled another rack before I cashed out. Very sweet.

dogmeat
08-19-2004, 02:16 PM
I was playing $4/8 Seven Card Stud and taking a strong stand with AK suited in the pocket and an 8 up. I reraised on 4th and 5th street (because I have no brains) and then caught 8-8 on 6th and 7th street. Nice pot of $208.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif