PDA

View Full Version : That turn checkraise

imitation
08-19-2004, 02:59 AM
What do you think?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB calls, UTG folds.

Turn: (7 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">MP bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, MP folds.

River: (12 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds.

Final Pot: 13 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 12 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

Danenania
08-19-2004, 03:11 AM
Well it was actually just a raise, not a checkraise since you acted after MP. And I really don't like waiting until the turn here. You have a perfect chance to raise the flop both for value and to protect your hand. You want hands like AK and A3 and lone hearts out of there. I think this is a standard flop raise.

Preflop: can anyone tell me if QJo is an auto-raise for them in this spot? I'm not sure.

imitation
08-19-2004, 03:13 AM
Ohh yeh it wasn't ehh for some reason I thought I was EP yeh my usual line would have been to raise I was influenced by reading 1 to many of these recent threads of calling the flop then raising the turn.

Zele
08-19-2004, 08:46 AM
Should have just called p/f, raised flop.