PDA

View Full Version : So I flopped quads ... (no content)

Nottom
08-19-2004, 02:42 AM
Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks,

Flop: (3 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (3 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, Button folds, SB calls.

River: (5 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 9 BB, between SB and Hero.</font>

Oh yeah ... I lost. /images/graemlins/confused.gif

Danenania
08-19-2004, 02:44 AM
SB must have put you on that nonexistent higher straight flush. How could he not??

MAxx
08-19-2004, 08:58 AM
that is too crazy for an opponent to get a backdoor straight flush on top of your quads, and then not reraise you. what a freak.

Nottom
08-19-2004, 09:27 AM
At least I can say I've officially had the worst beat you can get.

Ian J
08-19-2004, 11:59 AM
Even though you got sucked out on, I still love the flop bet.

Wayne
08-19-2004, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
At least I can say I've officially had the worst beat you can get.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming he had 74, the turn/river could have been 63 or 68, which is one out more than the worst bast beat possible. But still, this is the worse bad bead I've ever seen.

tripdad
08-19-2004, 02:35 PM
too bad all the tables are not eligible for the bad beat jackpot. you gotta love saving $20.00 on the river here, though.

a similarly passive opponent i played last night flopped trip Aces against a major LAG(58% flops seen, 17% PFR%). he bet out the whole time and was never raised once. the river paired a 3. passive player bets, LAG raises, passive player just calls with the 2nd nut. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

cheers!

johnnycakes
08-19-2004, 04:02 PM
I'd say that is a worse beat, but I have had the misfortune of having the best possible hand you can have using both hole cards and still loose (to someone using both his hole cards).

We both made our hands on the turn.

What'd I have?

Johnny.

rtucker5
08-19-2004, 04:39 PM
You both had straights and he had a flush redraw?

tripdad
08-19-2004, 05:01 PM
the best possible hand you can make using both hole cards and still be vulnerable to lose is AA, right?

A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif

flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

opponent holds J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

or something like that.

i once beat quad T's with the royal. we both made our hands on the turn.

ignore above. the best possible hand you can have and still lose is 89s. you could have the highest possible straight flush while still being vulnerable to losing to a higher one. opponent had AK of same suit. you both made it on the turn.

cheers!

bugstud
08-19-2004, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the best possible hand you can make using both hole cards and still be vulnerable to lose is AA, right?

A /images/graemlins/spade.gifA /images/graemlins/club.gif

flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Turn: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

opponent holds J /images/graemlins/diamond.gif10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

or something like that.

i once beat quad T's with the royal. we both made our hands on the turn.

cheers!

[/ QUOTE ]

straight flush over straight flush, AdKd vs 9d8d on some QJTd board would work, but that's not a bad beat...

Nemesis
08-19-2004, 05:15 PM
i'd say getting a straigh flush beaten no matter when or how few outs the opponent is drawing to is a bad beat, as it would qualify for the jackpot on PP /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Nottom
08-19-2004, 09:34 PM
He had the 42, but I suppose you are right, since he could have gone A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif as well. Guess its not the worst beat possible.

Guido
08-20-2004, 06:18 AM
I had the following hand in a full ring game once:

UTG raises, I 3-bet K /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif, rest folds.

Final board was J /images/graemlins/spade.gif T /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/club.gif K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

I lost to Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I didn't see it comimg /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Guido

T0asty
08-20-2004, 10:47 AM
I didn't use both cards but has to still hurt . . .

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, CO folds, Button calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Flop: (10 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7.50 BB) Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, MP folds, <font color="CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (19.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 22.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="black">
Hero shows Ks Ad (straight flush, ace high).
UTG shows Tc 9s (flush, king high).
Button shows 9h 9d (straight flush, king high).
Outcome: Hero wins 22.50 BB. </font>