PDA

View Full Version : The 2+2 poster I most respect is....

Sponger15SB
08-19-2004, 01:48 AM
El Diablo

Who would your choice be?

Some thoughts on it....

The person doesn't necessarily have to give out the best advice. However, every post they write is smart, concise, well thought out, and accurate. The posts they have are never rude unless a person has it coming, and they are generally nice and well mannered. A majority of the time when you see that they have responded to a question, you just want to reply "the thread is now closed".

nothumb
08-19-2004, 02:03 AM
nothumb.

Actually, I think Diablo, Clark, and Ed are all so far up you can't really differentiate.

As for people who tickle me, I will miss Vehn. Peace!

NT

Clarkmeister
08-19-2004, 02:04 AM
Tommy

daryn
08-19-2004, 02:09 AM
ya i have a newfound respect for tommy after meeting him. not that i didn't respect him before.

TheGrifter
08-19-2004, 02:10 AM
Elysium

Oh and Ray Zee...

They're both [censored] awesome.

mike l.
08-19-2004, 02:29 AM
it's tommy and the biggest compliment i can give is that it's not even close.

Ulysses
08-19-2004, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Tommy

[/ QUOTE ]

Tommy is a clown. I rule all over him.

jdl22
08-19-2004, 02:53 AM
What a smart, concise, well thought out, accurate post. Obviously Tommy had it coming.

The thread is now closed.

Ulysses
08-19-2004, 02:56 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it's tommy and the biggest compliment i can give is that it's not even close.

[/ QUOTE ]

Come on. Tommy's great and a great friend. But I could rattle off plenty who are just as worthy of similar levels of respect. Andyfox, Rick N., Zeno, Matt Flynn, Sredni and Ray Zee are just a handful that come to mind among many. I won't name any more, 'cause this way I leave out a number of great people as opposed to just a couple I happen to forget.

Edited to add: I just reread mike's message and now I read it as "it's not even close when it comes to who mike l. respects" as opposed to "it's not even close who deserves the most respect." If so, that's definitely fair, mike.

Sponger15SB
08-19-2004, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What a smart, concise, well thought out, accurate post. Obviously Tommy had it coming.

The thread is now closed.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, I now hate el diablo, go to, err, hell?

jackass.

mike l.
08-19-2004, 03:02 AM
oh yeah i meant who do i respect the most. sorry misread the question.

obviously if it's who i respect it could be fairly said that i respect anyone wise enough to want to post regularly around this place. and then it would be narrowed down to a still long list of posters who ive learned a lot from and then even further narrowed to posters i admire as friends as well as teachers/peers.

but when it comes to the poster i respect most it's gotta be tommy by at least a mile.

andyfox
08-19-2004, 12:24 PM
Tommy. With all due respect to others who I know and love here, Tommy's the only person here who knowing has made me a better person. And that's the highest compliment I can pay.

dogmeat
08-19-2004, 01:13 PM
I have enjoyed some very specific, organized responses and starting threads from the likes of Ed - but also GOT, Dynasty and also Joe Tall "(A SOP) for AK AQ 'chasing'" was very good.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

BeerMoney
08-19-2004, 01:40 PM
For Poker Advice:

Small Stakes HE:
I like stellarwind and bisonbison. I understand their logic.

Stud:
Andy B

Other Topics:
Rushmore, Erostratus and sometimes Boris. (I don't think Rush will like being grouped with Ero.)

Geo
08-19-2004, 01:53 PM
Has to be fossilman for his cl;ear and concise info on tournie play, oh and didnt he win a little tournie a while back.

theBruiser500
08-19-2004, 03:02 PM
i mainly read just no limit forum - matt flynn, diablo, ray zee. from the little i have read of the other forums fossilman used to be very good (he doesn't seem to post here much anymore, right?), andyfox is good in the other topics forum.

Al_Capone_Junior
08-19-2004, 03:36 PM
... for his many lengthy and detailed discussions~! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

al

Homer
08-19-2004, 04:49 PM
There are so many people who fit that description, it wouldn't be fair to mention just one.

onegymrat
08-19-2004, 08:12 PM
Rick Nebiolo, Louie Landale, Elysium...

Ikke
08-19-2004, 10:27 PM
For me it's definately backdoor. His posts really inspired me to see poker as an aspect of overall thinking rather than an isolated game. Tommy did help me in that aspect a lot as well.

There are a lot of other poster I respect a lot. To name a few... JV, El Diablo, Clarkmeister etc. Probably left out some. But I would still say that that friggin ferret needs to post some more ;-)

Regards

Punker
08-19-2004, 11:38 PM
I make a point to read only a few player's posts particularly; Clarkmeister, Dynasty, davidross, Tommy, and back in the day Fossilman and Andy Ward in the tourney forums.

I lost respect for Tommy after he posted a hand that I just truly could not fathom the line of play he took where he had some big hand (TPTK or an overpair, don't recall exactly) and check called to the river headsup and then check folded the river (I believe this post was the one that inspired Sklansky's "Angelo-itis" response). But I still enjoy his posts.

dogmeat
08-20-2004, 12:17 AM
I forgot to mention the math wiz: BruceZ!!!!

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Michael Davis
08-20-2004, 12:40 AM
Losing respect for someone because they played one hand in a fashion you can't fathom is ridiculous.

-Michael

Senor Choppy
08-20-2004, 02:51 AM
Tommy, not close.

J.Brown
08-20-2004, 03:54 AM
I do not disagree with a single answer here at all........but.........meet Ray Zee.

Then we should all talk.

My vote is for Ray.

Tommy is a good choice, no doubt, I think Ray would even approve, but all in all I think we all owe a debt of gratitude to Mr. Zee and have to list him.

That is all, end of thread. J.

Clarkmeister
08-20-2004, 04:16 AM
"But I would still say that that friggin ferret needs to post some more"

Agreed. So do you.

Robk
08-20-2004, 04:33 AM
overall, BruceZ.

for hand analysis, Ikke.

ohkanada
08-20-2004, 10:46 AM
The person who told me about 2+2.

Greg "Fossilman" Raymer

B Dids
08-20-2004, 11:26 AM
Ed Miller, Bisonbison, SFer, Clarkmeister, Dynasty. I wish I could remember all of the micro posters who helped me out.

People who post about games that I don't play, but impress me: SpicyF, El Diablo, Jay (1800GAMBLOR)

People who've been helpful on IRC, but don't post enough here and or I haven't read many of their posts: morgant, morello, ChrisD, Rainfall, astroglide, Paluka, ThePoppinJ... (I should include Spicy here too).

I'm sure there's a ton I'm forgetting...

Zeno
08-20-2004, 03:39 PM
Mr. Zee.

Fossilman- He used to rule the Pot and No-limit forum.

Tommy, and not just his 'poker savvy' - he is the James Thurber of 2+2. Something that goes unappreciated, I think.

For 'pure' limit poker advice - Clarkmeister.

That masked guy is not bad - But I rule over him.

By the way El Diablo, The only clown on 2+2 is David Sklansky. That man is one funny piece of work.

Le Misanthrope

Analyst
08-20-2004, 04:01 PM
Based on Sponger15SB's excellent critera, I asked myself whose posts do I actively seek out? Rephrasing the question to "whose posts do I most respect", as I've personally met only a very few 2+2ers and without slighting a very large number others who give great poker advice, the top three are:

El Diablo, numero uno. Ole!
Andyfox
Sredni Vashta - Shania alone would put him on the list; he needs to (or rather, I'd like him to) post more, much more.

B Dids
08-20-2004, 04:05 PM
I forgot Joe Tall. Joe Tall is GOOT.

scotnt73
08-20-2004, 04:25 PM
i agree with all the ones listed however someone who always seems to have the right answer that closes a thread that hasnt been listed yet is bernie.

TimM
08-20-2004, 04:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Sredni Vashta - Shania alone would put him on the list;

[/ QUOTE ]

Shania is good. Whenever I play a hand stupidly (and get forced to show it), I just say "OK, that was embarrasing, but it helped my Shania". :-P

rigoletto
08-20-2004, 04:45 PM
A lot of good names mentioned here. I'd would like to applaud Clark, Joe Tall, Dynasty and Homer for their patience in helping out small stake and microlimit posters. A lot of people here can give great advice, but few keeps on giving like these guys.

P.S. I probably forgot somebody - my appologies.

08-20-2004, 04:53 PM
El Diablo, Buzz, Clarkmeister, Dynasty, Fossilman.

TxSteve
08-20-2004, 05:00 PM
Clarknasty and it's not even close /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Punker
08-20-2004, 08:28 PM
It wasn't so much the hand itself as his insistence that he had played the hand well in the face of basically unanimous condemnation of his play. The play and subsequent description and defense indicated an outright flaw in thinking in my view.

Sooga
08-20-2004, 08:38 PM
Mine used to be Clarkmeister... until I ran over him in that 2+2 NL game. Now I realize he's just a sucker like all the rest.

Just kidding Clark. Please don't take my money.

Lawrence Ng
08-21-2004, 08:35 AM
All the shrinks and docs who post in the Pyschology forum and keep me outta the damn Asylums.

warlockjd
08-21-2004, 08:50 AM
if the forum is other topics, without a doubt Chris Alger.

Always articulate logical arguments and nearly always correct.

chesspain
08-21-2004, 09:08 AM
/images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

spamuell
08-21-2004, 11:23 AM
Nottom is underappreciated.

Andy B is great as is Andy Fox and not only for his poker posts. J.A. Sucker must also be mentioned.

Lots of others are also good, most have been said.

Clarkmeister
08-21-2004, 02:36 PM
Be careful young padewan. I have perfected my Sooga Factor formula.

Justin A
08-21-2004, 08:41 PM
Most respected - Matt Flynn and Ray Zee

Most entertaining - El Diablo

My selections are biased towards the No limit forums.

Justin A

bisonbison
08-22-2004, 01:56 AM
I have a big list. I think the poster I remember most from starting out is JT, and he and Nottom are still spending time in micro helping out, which is awesome. Clark, ElD, Ed, Dynasty, Tommy and several others have been mentioned multiple times so I'll just bring up Trix and StellarWind, both of whom are ready willing and able to explain their logic in any post, which is, again, awesome.

If anyone else wants to what I think of them, feel free to ask. Just start a thread called "What does bisonbison think of me?" in this forum and let me know it's up. I promise to be brutally dismissive.

MarkD
08-22-2004, 05:53 PM
lil' would be on my short list of people that have not been mentioned already. Sthief and Tosh would be on that list of people not already mentioned as well.

sfer
08-23-2004, 01:47 AM
I didn't see JR mentioned, so I'll add him to the list. Consistently one of the best thought out posters in SS.

BottlesOf
08-23-2004, 02:23 AM
STEALER! /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

imported_BottlesOf
08-23-2004, 10:04 AM
Don't make me hurt you.

BottlesOf
08-23-2004, 03:28 PM
STOP THAT!

I want that password!!!

imported_BottlesOf
08-23-2004, 03:40 PM
You're not the only one who can steal nicknames.