PDA

View Full Version : full tilt anyone?

rybones
08-19-2004, 12:16 AM
yesterday I posted a question asking for best sites for sngs. I read some gread discussions about the differences between pp and ps. I am wondering if anyone has played at fulltiltpoker.com? and if so what you thought of the site in general and the play at low level sngs in particular.

thanks,

ryan

SixgunSam
08-19-2004, 04:27 AM
I played at Full Tilt for about two weeks, then took all of my money back and redeposited it in Stars. It's a novel idea to play with the pros, but there just isn't enough traffic at the site and besides, who wants to lose their bankroll to a celebrity pro? I don't mind the software, I know some people think it's too cartoonesque( yea, I said it ). The blind structure for their tournaments and sit and gos is great because the blinds increase in smaller increments than most sites. Props for that.

The biggest problem they have is lack of traffic. The only time a table is crowded is if there is a pro online and they mostly play the ring games. I ended up playing a lot of $1/$2 ring games and got my ass kicked by Paul Wolfe. The SnG scene there is completely dead. I played a few $20 SnGs, but they can take an hour to fill up sometimes. It's impossible to get a SnG going for higher limits than that. Usually there are between 100-500 players, but I've seen as many as 1000, however most of those turn out for the freerolls.

If they can ever draw traffic, it wouldn't be a bad site and I would probably start playing there again, but I've tried most of them and keep coming back to Stars.