PDA

View Full Version : what is the best way to deposit money?

rybones
08-18-2004, 11:27 PM
Tonight I tried to deposit funds into poker stars and party and at both places all three of my credit cards were declined. I call all three and they said they no long allow payouts to those and other gambling sites. I asked about Netellar and firepay and they also refuse payment to those sites. has anyone run into this problem and if so, how the hell do I start my bankroll at one of these sites.

Also, has anyone played the low limit sngs at full tilt? what is your assessment of the play there compared to party or ps? I noticed that the $5.00 games have only a .50 fee like stars and the tables are only 9 handed.

thanks to all who post. I am new to this site and I truly love reading everyones comments on all the threads.

RPatterson
08-18-2004, 11:30 PM
Neteller refuses payment? What?

rybones
08-18-2004, 11:42 PM
no, sorry for the confussion. my visa and master card refused to pay netellar as they now view it as purly a was to fund gambling sites. At least that is what the security folks at all three of my credit card companies said.

Jsb
08-18-2004, 11:53 PM
interesting. i deposited straight into neteller from my bank account, personally, so i never ran into that problem

eastbay
08-19-2004, 12:05 AM
I used a check card, although I didn't feel particularly good about putting that out over the wire.

But it's an option.

eastbay

rybones
08-19-2004, 12:08 AM
Yea, i guess I could do that, but I do feel awful uneasy about getting my checking account info out in the computer world.

thanks

ethan
08-19-2004, 01:56 AM
If you're willing to pay a small charge (I think it's somewhere around 5%) you can deposit into party with the "global calling card" option. You buy a calling card with your credit card and the money's sent straight to your PP account. I've used this method with a credit card that wouldn't let me deposit directly.

gergery
08-19-2004, 04:23 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're willing to pay a small charge (I think it's somewhere around 5%) you can deposit into party with the "global calling card" option. You buy a calling card with your credit card and the money's sent straight to your PP account. I've used this method with a credit card that wouldn't let me deposit directly.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used FPS ePassporte. They charge you $5 for depositing $50, $15 for depostiing $300. They bill your credit card. You must then call the credit card to verify a tiny amount they charge for security. My buddy said the calling card had a lower fee, so you might try that.

You might try just opening a neteller account, and having a friend with neteller send you money to use that you repay in real world.

--Greg