PDA

View Full Version : AQ early on

ChrisCo
08-18-2004, 10:42 PM
I am playing the Party 30+3 MTT right now and I have a question about a hand I played.

The tournament just started and I have about 1300 chips, ep player has 2000 and sb has 1000. I have no reads on any players as it is early on in the tournament.

I wake up with AQo on the button. The ep player with t2000 minraises to 40 and its folded around to me on the button and I call. After that the SB reraises to 200 chips. It gets back to the ep player who calls. I think for a while and can not think of a hand that I could be ahead of here. I folded my hand but was this too weak tight or is this the right play?

300CE24
08-19-2004, 04:08 AM
I like the fold. There's a lot of fish out there but still there is no question a call here screams hi risk. With the blinds that lo i sit tight and wait for my spot.

BRGDS

Garland
08-19-2004, 05:20 AM
I think you should raise or fold AQo preflop.

Other than that, you're probably correct to fold AQo to SB's reraise. Often times a raise and a reraise indicates AK, KK, AA all hands you don't want to go against. It's possible the reraiser has lesser hands like JJ or 1010 or AJ, but that's hopeful thinking, and you're better off finding better spots to get your chips in.

Garland