PDA

View Full Version : some Party 2/4 folds

34TheTruth34
08-18-2004, 10:32 PM
here are some Party 2/4 hands where I folded. Just wondering if you guys think these are correct or not. No real reads on any of these players.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Hand one:

I am in the cutoff with K /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif . There is a LP blind poster in front of me and two limpers. I raise. One of the blinds, the limpers and the poster call, 5 way action.

Flop 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif-6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif-6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Checked to me and I check.

Turn Q /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

MP limper bets, poster raises, I fold (two players left to act).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Hand two:

I open limp UTG+1 with 4 /images/graemlins/club.gif4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif. One LP limper and SB calls. BB checks, 5 way action.

Flop Q /images/graemlins/club.gif-7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-6 /images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Checked around.

Turn 5 /images/graemlins/heart.gif

BB bets, I fold (3 players left to act).

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Hand three:

3 limpers and I complete in the SB with 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif5 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif. BB checks, 5 way action.

Flop K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-8 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif-7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

UTG bets, 2 callers, I call, BB folds. four way action.

Turn A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

UTG bets, one LP caller (one folded), I fold (last to act).

Basically, I had my doubts about all three of them. Comments?

BaronVonCP
08-18-2004, 11:25 PM
i think the 2nd one is a clear fold.

Hand one, I don't like giving up on this one so fast. Raiser could easily have qj or nothing. If I can be fairly sure I'm drawing to 2 outs I'd fold. This action does not convince me. Consider 3 betting.

Hand 3 i think you are getting more than enough overlay to make this call.

sthief09
08-18-2004, 11:54 PM
the fold in hand 1 is questionable. at party 2/4, home of the ridiculous bluff, I'd have a hard time mucking this in a decent sized pot. same goes with hand 2. I'd definitely call hand 3. you're probably not drawing dead, and have 6-15 outs.

BigEndian
08-19-2004, 12:15 AM
Hand 1: I'm going to 3-bet here, way too often you're the best hand and it's a great spot to make flush draws bleed through the nose.

Hand 2: Looks good. Ignorant end, tiny pot, not closing the action.

Hand 3: This one's different in my book. Getting 6-1 and closing the action, I'm making this call.

- Jim

Garland
08-19-2004, 12:53 AM
Hand #1

I would bet the flop. This would give me a better read on what they may or may not have. This is what what position is for. If someone check-raises you here like I would expect with a 6, you can get out of trouble instead of getting into a sticky situation when the Q hits the turn.

I think it's a good fold though.

Hand #2

You have an open-ender to a questionable straight...especially if an 8 hits, but the pot as well as your tenuous position with others to act behind you dictates that you should fold this.

Hand #3

The last one is interesting. Because the 3rd diamond appears on the turn, you only have 6 outs really instead of 8 and they are all questionable as you draw dead to a made flush bigger 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif or higher. It is possible you have the only diamond among them too. This one is tougher, but the more I think about it, the more I like the fold. I think your sucky 1st position in this hand is what sways my decision to a fold in this case.

Good playing

Garland

34TheTruth34
08-19-2004, 07:06 PM
thanks for all the great responses guys.

I am least happy with my fold in hand one, followed by hand three, and then hand two in that order.

The fold in hand one I think was a result of multitabling and not really giving the situation enough thought. I just thought there was a good chance that the late position blind poster could have slowplayed a six on the flop. I now think I should have called or maybe three-bet as someone suggested. Of course, not betting the flop doesn't help the situation. This hand was just bad. Of course, maybe I am being results-oriented as KQ would have been good here. The turn bettor had JT for a picked-up OESD and the raiser had Ax and won when the river was a blank and went check-check. The LP blind poster either made the best or the worst play ever on the turn, I'm not quite sure which. Bad play + not thinking = bad results, btw. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Hand three I thought was the second worst fold. I really, really didn't like the A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif on the turn. I thought it might have made the bettor a flush. At the very least, I thought it cut my outs from 8 to 6. And I didn't want to get caught paying off on the river if I made a 6-high flush. The bettor turned out to have KTo and the caller had ace-something to make top pair on the turn. The river was a brick that wouldn't have made me a straight or flush. The bettor bet and was called again and lost to the aces. I'm too lazy to go back and check to see if either one of them had a diamond or not.

In hand two, the turn bettor got called by one player. The river was the A /images/graemlins/heart.gif. The turn bettor bet and the lone opponent folded, so I don't know what he had.