PDA

View Full Version : My first live tourney (a question is in here)

Pil Sung Do
08-18-2004, 10:17 PM
I did my first live tourney. It was a free tourney hosted by a local restaurant, so it was not "normal". Button deals, 5000 chips to start with 100/200 blinds. The play was not great, although you could tell a couple of the players had an idea what they were doing.

I had two big problems. I played weak/tight because I was having trouble picking up tells. Well, that and the fact I knew I couldn't bluff at any pots. The other problem was I couldn't get crap for the first 1 1/2 hours. 33 twice and KQo once. Had to fold all three on the flop too. :<

Now to the hand in question.

Blinds are 200/400. No where near the end, but I have no idea how many players were left (I think 3 tables at 8 per table).

UTG goes all in for 1500. MP (chipleader at the table calls), I'm on the button and see TT. I pushed all in for 3200. What does everyone think of the play?

FWIW, SB calls, BB goes allin. There are three side pots in this hand.

Flop comes 456, two spades, turn is another 6 and river is a jack of spades. MP (who has been betting into the SB on flop, turn and river) turns over a rivered flush.

UTG had QQ, and SB had AJo. I don't know what BB had (he didn't want to show it).

Pil Sung Do
08-19-2004, 04:35 PM
No one has any opinions on my play?

[ QUOTE ]

Now to the hand in question.

Blinds are 200/400. No where near the end, but I have no idea how many players were left (I think 3 tables at 8 per table).

UTG goes all in for 1500. MP (chipleader at the table calls), I'm on the button and see TT. I pushed all in for 3200. What does everyone think of the play?

FWIW, SB calls, BB goes allin. There are three side pots in this hand.

Flop comes 456, two spades, turn is another 6 and river is a jack of spades. MP (who has been betting into the SB on flop, turn and river) turns over a rivered flush.

UTG had QQ, and SB had AJo. I don't know what BB had (he didn't want to show it).

[/ QUOTE ]

BigJohn043
08-19-2004, 04:47 PM
TT is a decent, but not a great hand. You have a push and a call from the chip leader in front of you. He is almost certain to call your raise all-in so you have little to no fold equity here.

If you know that there are three overcards to your 10s you are getting the right odds, but you are a big dog to an overpair.

To me this is a clear muck. I think that you would have to have a pretty clear read to play this that both players are maniacs and might make a play like this with a middle ace.

I would wait and look to push with lessor cards but a better chance to steal blinds....