PDA

View Full Version : Attn: Jason "Strassdog" Strasser

RPatterson
08-18-2004, 10:08 PM
It seems to me that alot of the people giving advice here can barely beat 10 dollar sitngo's. But you seem like you really know what you are talking about. I was wondering if you could tell me the names of some of the people on here you respect so I would know who to pay attention to and who's post to skim over. Thanks.

stupidsucker
08-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Forgive me if I am over stepping my bounds, but..

Didnt you already make a post like this?

Jason didnt post there, but you were indeed given a good list of solid posters. You were also given a link to some great posts in archives.

If you want to address a post speficially for Strasser why not send a PM, so smart asses like myself cant respond. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Seriously though... why not refer to your own post. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=926001&page=8&view=collap sed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=1#926001)

RPatterson
08-18-2004, 11:23 PM
Those people that told me the people they like, may not know anything. So I decided to go straight to the source of wisdom and insight.

Jsb
08-18-2004, 11:31 PM
what would be hilarious is if strasser totally "skims over" your post.
i think you're being rather disrespectful to many people on the board here, you asked for peoples advice, and now you say there is a chance those people don't know anything, so you aren't trusting them. i think thats ridiculous. first of all, just about everyone there said to pay attention to strasser, and you seem to accept that he is indeed someone to pay attention to on the board, so they can't be all that untrustworthy. they also reccomended aleomagus (whose threads i also highly reccomend as would just about any intelligent person on this board), who himself made most of the reccomendations on there. so yeah, i think you're being slightly unreasonable.
the reason i point out that i think you're being disrespectful is because it is completely unneccesarry when things like these are the reason that private messaging exists.

stupidsucker
08-18-2004, 11:42 PM
I saw the list it looks good.

I myself am a winning SnG player at the 30+3 level with over 400 SnGs played at that level and well over 1000 played in general. I will not put myself in the category of one of the better posters, but I am smart enough to be able to give you advice on the good posters.

I understand wanting to only pay attention to the premium posters, but dont forget that alot of those players play the bigger games for the most part. Strasser plays strictly $215 SnGs to my knowledge, and often the advice for a given hand will be different for the level you are playing.

Start with that link to old posts, the information is valuable.

Jurollo
08-18-2004, 11:44 PM
Eros what kind of advice you looking for? MTT, SNG?
For SNGs I would look into AleoMagus's posts, he has some very insightful thoughts, as well as other's mentioned in your prior post. I liked PrayingMantis' folding equity thread, my suggestion is to continue to skim, some of the best advice can come from unexpected places, even newbies, can unknowingly throw out some very deep and thought provoking ideas.

NotMitch
08-19-2004, 08:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that alot of the people giving advice here can barely beat 10 dollar sitngo's. But you seem like you really know what you are talking about. I was wondering if you could tell me the names of some of the people on here you respect so I would know who to pay attention to and who's post to skim over. Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Until you can figure out what is good and bad advice for yourself you should read everything.

NotMitch (who can and has beaten SnGs at the $10 level and higher believe it or not).

Cleveland Guy
08-19-2004, 09:02 AM
I would skip posts from this guy :

Erostratus

He seems to be full of it and would rather instigate on the boards than seek and listen to advice

Phill S
08-19-2004, 09:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Those people that told me the people they like, may not know anything. So I decided to go straight to the source of wisdom and insight.

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, just gone over the thread to ensure im not talking out of my arse. ok, facts:

1, jason didnt post on the thread
2, many great posters were mentioned (which has been alluded to above

ok, we'll take 2 first. these are all great and respected posters. if you dont trust peoples advice then go check out some of the posts of these people.

incidentally telling people that isnt gonna get replys you may need to questions you may have.

now then, number 1. the reason jason didnt post (presumably) is:

1, he thought the lists given were spot on, why add in a post saying, 'yes, i agree'
2, he doesnt want to pick out a handful of people as it may be a figurative slap to the other posters

right, my points, if your gonna go to the 'source of wisdom and insight', in future PM the source. did you think people would see this as a positive thread?

final point is this, read everyone. there are two differences between a wise man and a fool:
1, the wise man understands that overall, he knows nothing
2, the wise man understands that wisdom can be found in everything, but first you must look for it

Phill

juris
08-19-2004, 09:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Erostratus

He seems to be full of it and would rather instigate on the boards than seek and listen to advice

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to it. This is one of the worst (or best) trolling type posts looking to stir it up I've seen. I give Jason credit for ignoring the bait.

Phill S
08-19-2004, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Erostratus

[/ QUOTE ]

You beat me to it. This is one of the worst (or best) trolling type posts looking to stir it up I've seen. I give Jason credit for ignoring the bait.

[/ QUOTE ]

since reading the thread calling desdia72 a troll, i was looking for a good definition of what one is. i believe ive found it

Phill

papawawa
08-19-2004, 09:28 AM
The fun of posting here is as follows:
You get a VARIETY of responces, and then you decide for YOURSELF whats the best strategy. What's good for Strasser's style might not be good for yours (and I strongly suspect this is so).

Hood
08-19-2004, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that alot of the people giving advice here can barely beat 10 dollar sitngo's.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you can already judge the skill of a player from their posts, what's the problem? Skim over them.

Cleveland Guy
08-19-2004, 10:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
It seems to me that alot of the people giving advice here can barely beat 10 dollar sitngo's.

[/ QUOTE ]

Where did you gather this from?

Tosh
08-19-2004, 11:02 AM
I tried those $10 SNGs once. Man were they tough, I lost 3k on them before I realised I wasn't upto it, I'm glad to see you posting here though, I expect to see my game improve no end now.

mackthefork
08-19-2004, 12:25 PM
Hehe, can't beat good old british humour, I've used a lot of his stuff myself though, all it takes is a willingness to lose money experimenting with stuff until you find out what works for you.

Regards Mack

NotMitch
08-19-2004, 12:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I tried those $10 SNGs once. Man were they tough, I lost 3k on them before I realised I wasn't upto it, I'm glad to see you posting here though, I expect to see my game improve no end now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't believe that, I bet even a 15 year old girl could beat those games.

gergery
08-19-2004, 01:33 PM
I posted this question to the forum 2 days ago. Here is the summary, with x’s being multiple mentions.

Summary
Greg (Fossilman)
SossMan x3
Jason Strasser (strassa2) x3
eMarkM x3
Tosh x3
El Diablo x3
Che x2
M.B.E.
ZeeJustin
fnurt
DavidRoss
MLG
Cferejohn
La Brujita
Tripdad

sabre170
08-19-2004, 01:48 PM
Here's an idea: Develop your own judgment, by reading all posts critically.

Sabre170

SossMan
08-19-2004, 04:00 PM
Greg (Fossilman)
SossMan x3

Does this mean I'm 3x better than Greg? Soooooo...where do i collect my $15 mill?

I don't like these threads because they tend to become a big jerk-off fest of "you're great, no you're great, no you're the greatest, no you're the greatestest, etc..".

Read enough posts, and you'll soon be able to see who knows what they're talking about and who doesnt.
and don't go by post count, becasue there are lots of people with many posts who give bad advice and vice-versa.

stupidsucker
08-19-2004, 06:06 PM
Hi Sossman.

Im moving back to the bay in a few months. Have any of you gotten back together for another 2+2 bay match? I had a blast in the tourney, and in the NL into the wee hours of the night.

SossMan
08-19-2004, 06:42 PM
no, sadly, we haven't gotten back together. I did go to Reno w/ DanS back in April, though.

Moving back, huh? Vegas not for you? or did you get a real (non SnG) job offer here? /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

codewarrior
08-19-2004, 07:05 PM
Over 4k SnG's (conservative) - I might know a thing or two. Then again, I may be a dumbass, who knows? /images/graemlins/laugh.gif