PDA

View Full Version : comparison

tacklebox
08-18-2004, 10:07 PM
I've searched the archives on this subject, without luck, and was hoping someone could give me a comparison.
My online play has been limited to Ultimate Bet (cheer or jeer as you see fit). Started on play chip with fair success, I know play for points and do better than in did w/chips. Mainly playing 10/20 LHE and occasional MTT and Sit n Go's.
My question is:
How does play point play compare to real money and at what limit would you recommend starting at (if any).

Thanks

illunious
08-18-2004, 10:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How does play point play compare to real money and at what limit would you recommend starting at (if any).

[/ QUOTE ]

Play money games are filled with a larger proportion of newbies and maniacs.

Since you're playing UB already, UB has a $0.01/$0.02 game with no rake, I played there for a couple months when I was starting out. Deposit $10 and try that maybe?

Edit: I was surprised to find that the point games actually look tough compared to play money. I've never played point games, but according to bonuswhores.com, they are valued at $0.004 each, so a 10/20 game would $0.04/$0.08.

ewile
08-18-2004, 10:46 PM
>>>>>My online play has been limited to Ultimate Bet (cheer or jeer as you see fit). Started on play chip with fair success, I know play for points and do better than in did w/chips>>>>>

I don't understand what the difference between "play chips" and "points" are but my advice is this: IF you have any expendable money at all make a deposit and start playing for some sort of real money. That being said, start at the absolute lowest limit available, whether that's .01/.02, .02/.04 or nickle/dime, I don't know. But you want the lowest.

Very little risk there and the reward is the opportunity to begin to really learn the game.

Nottom
08-18-2004, 10:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I sometime goof around on UB, and I think the UB point games actually play pretty close to how a typical micro games plays. That said, i still think the best way to learn is just to deposit $50 or so and start in on the .25/.50 tables. If you were beating the points games you can probablt beat these as well and be on your way towards building a bankroll.