PDA

View Full Version : Need Major Advice

wegs the wegs
08-18-2004, 08:46 PM
I play the 3+.30 sng's at goldenpalace and and frustrated with my results. They are 9 player tournaments with top three paying out. In the past few days I have played 36 tournaments with the folling results:

1st - 1
2nd - 12
3rd - 3
4th - 8
5th - 4
6th - 5
7th - 2
8th - 0
9th - 1

This gets me a 44.4% ITM and a 6.8% ROI

I'm not scoffing at the 44% ITM, its just take a look at those results. I don't do well when on the bubble and I do horrible when we get to heads up.

My trouble seems to be this... I don't know when to bully and when to play tight. I am usually first or second in chips when we get down to 4 players. I try to be cute and bully the short stack around a bit, but usually another play will call my big raise after the short stack folds or even before it gets to the short stack. It usually takes a big chunk of my stack when I am clearly dominated by the caller. Soon I find myself scrambling to stay alive as well. When I hit, I'll get into the money. When I miss, well thats the end.

When in the money, whether I am short stacked, mid stacked, or big stacked I have no trouble against the other two. I pick my hands wisely and usually stay alive until one takes the other out.

For heads up, I get clueless. I over value Ace high way too much. What typically happens is that I'll can his all in with A3o or make a big bluff with overcards after the flop, and it never works out.

So my questions are as follows:
1) On the bubble, when do I bully and when do I sit and just wait?
2) On the bubble, if everyone is just sitting tight waiting for the blinds to swallow someone, does my game play change?
3) On the bubble, do I avoid pots with the chip leader completely?
4) When heads up, what hands when is it best to try and bully?
5) How good is Ax heads up?
6) Push on any pocket pair?

Thanks for your help.

RPatterson
08-18-2004, 09:46 PM
1. You can bully a short stack big blind, if it's folded to your small blind. You can't bully his big blind if there are like 4 players behind you.

2. You should play more loose-agressive.

3. I would say not to screw around with him. Raise his blind if he will fold. But if he's bullying you just back off.

4. When you think he missed the flop.

5. It's worth raising and maybe re-raising but you don't want to go all-in with it.

6. Not unless you or him have around 10x bb.