PDA

View Full Version : How Bad Did I Play This?

greatscout
08-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed
Long time reader first time poster.....
Table is passive four or five seeing every flop

Preflop: Hero is BB with T /images/graemlins/spade.gif:, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">4 folds</font>, MP2 calls, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button checks.

Guessing I should have bet out here

Turn: (2 BB) T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls, Button calls, SB folds.

River: (5 BB) Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: 5 BB

Clarkmeister
08-19-2004, 02:26 AM
Bet the flop.

me454555
08-19-2004, 03:31 AM
What is you're reasonoing for betting flop? playing middle pair w/a decent kicker is one area of my game I have to work on

Danenania
08-19-2004, 03:35 AM
Me too. Say I bet and get called in a couple places, then don't improve. Keep betting all the way? What if more overcards come? I'm always unsure how to handle a hand like this in a small pot.

Grvnhigh
08-19-2004, 03:43 AM
Betting the flop protects your hand from single overcards and weird backdoor draws that are going to run away from this small pot, and you won't have to play as much of a guessing game on later streets.

greatscout
08-19-2004, 04:23 AM
Thanks for the input......and you're correct about the flop bet and playing a guessing game on later streets. I had put MP2 on 2 pair and the button on a flush draw.....needless to say it was a terrible read.....MP2 shows KQo and button shows T9o..........I folded the winner...........arggg

Guy McSucker
08-19-2004, 04:35 AM
Eh? You did what? You put them on what? What was the river action?

Are you using bisonbison's hand converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)? I ask because the information in the hand you posted was a bit strange, e.g. it said "2 players" when there were clearly three.

Guy.

Grvnhigh
08-19-2004, 04:48 AM
Your river action should be bet and call a single raise. I really don't see how it could go any differently.

Why did you put MP2 on 2 pair? Any 2 pair will raise this turn, I would almost guarantee it.

razor
08-19-2004, 12:21 PM
don't be a 'fraidy cat

Louie Landale
08-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Love that ClarkMeister; his name is longer than his posts.

To be consisetent with everyone else, there were "4 players" (or "3 opponents"), not "3 players".

You will probably call a bet on the flop so betting is usually better, since typical folks will call with more hands than they'd bet. Getting raised is a good thing since you can dump the hand confidently. If you cannot dump it confidently than probably the opponent is real aggressive, and you do better by checking and calling.

Checking makes sense if you gain valuable info when they check.

On the turn, you got valuable information:they don't have much. You didn't need to snag two-pair but you did and that's gold. Appears you are already paranoid about having the best hand. The most likely holding for the opponents when they call, is a T or a flush draw. So folding the river (I guess that's what you did) is a reasonable option. But then again, if BB had a flush draw he'd probably bet out the turn with it after the flop was checked around.

- Louie

Rico Suave
08-19-2004, 01:43 PM
Razor:

[ QUOTE ]
'fraidy cat

[/ QUOTE ]

Blatant plagiarism. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

--Rico

greatscout
08-19-2004, 06:10 PM
Thanks everyone for the terrific input. It is such a pleasure finding a place where there are folks who actually are willing to help players with their game...Kudos to you all. And for those who called me a fraidy cat.....how did you see me under that bed.........lol