PDA

View Full Version : raise A9s from sb??

Lmn55d
08-18-2004, 06:23 PM
If theres something like 3-4 limpers should I be raising A9s from the small blind?

namknils
08-18-2004, 06:25 PM
No, It's just not very strong and you are in the worst position at the table. However, if after you complete the flop comes two of your suit giving you the 4 flush, go ahead and bet out and threebet if raised, that is a powerful hand.

sthief09
08-18-2004, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, It's just not very strong and you are in the worst position at the table. However, if after you complete the flop comes two of your suit giving you the 4 flush, go ahead and bet out and threebet if raised, that is a powerful hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is bad advice IMO. this is an easy raise out of the SB, and I generally raise it regardless of the number of limpers. saying A9s isn't very strong at a low limit game is just flat out wrong.

Rubeskies
08-18-2004, 06:51 PM
Ed Miller suggest only raising AK-ATs from the small blind but A9s is not a bad raise at most of these games. Your opponents will be limping with any garbage and you very easily could have the best hand. Plus if you opponents are weak tight you can take the pot on the flop even if you whiff and they all do too.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-18-2004, 07:00 PM
It's not *super* easy, but I still do it. A7s is where it gets pretty thin though.