PDA

View Full Version : Blind play: SSH guidelines - Thanks Ed

Hallett
08-18-2004, 05:20 PM
One area that my game has improved since getting IT is blind play. I had always thought that since I was already in, or in for 1/2 a bet, many hands were worth a call. I used to do ok in the blinds, losing less than the bets required to post them, but they were the only positions on the table that I was a consistant loser. Post IT, I am way tighter, and I am actually winning in the SB, and losing .16BB per hand in the BB. I think I can improve my post flop button play and make both values positive. Granted, this is only over 4,000 hands since getting the book.

Thanks Ed!

zram21
08-18-2004, 05:21 PM
You will always lose money long run in the blinds.

sthief09
08-18-2004, 05:22 PM
I've actually turned an overall profit in the SB according to PT.

Hallett
08-18-2004, 05:23 PM
I bet you are right, I not taken the time to research this. My point is that I am losing less after reading the book.

zram21
08-18-2004, 05:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've actually turned an overall profit in the SB according to PT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I answered that a little too quick. I believe you will always lose money in the SB in a 1/2 SB blind structure. I imagine the majority of your hands were in a 1/3 or 2/5 blind structure. It still seems likely to me to lose in the long run in those situations, but I guess it doesn't shock me that a good 3/6 or 5/10 player would turn a small profit.