PDA

View Full Version : Quickie: Coldcall PFR with ...?

Ralph Wiggum
08-18-2004, 05:04 PM
Which of these hands do you coldcall (2 bets) a PFR with? How many limpers/coldcallers do you need? Would you coldcall a 3-bet from the BB w/ any of these?

ATs, KTs, QJs, JTs, QTs, 22

AA > 72o,
Ralph

Rubeskies
08-18-2004, 05:09 PM
I would never cold call 3 bets with any of these hands, but if you are in late position and there are at least 1 or 2 limpers in front of the raiser and you don't fear a reraise than calling two cold is not terrible as long as you play them well post flop.

You have to remember that hitting top pair with these hands is dangerous because you could be dominated and you have to play cautiously. As long as you play them correctly though they can show profit in this situation.

I might actually cold call a 3-bet from the BB in some situations if there are 6+ people in the pot. You stand to make a ton of money if you hit a big draw or one to the nuts because most players will play to the end in a huge pot because they feel tied to it.

pstripling
08-18-2004, 05:11 PM
My position and the tendencies of the preflop raiser are going to be the determining factors in this situation. Against the typical LAG I would not cold call any of them. ATs is a possible reraise. JTs & 22 I would call against a large field if I were in the CO or button. I would need about 5 people in for the full 2 bets so far to feel good about calling. I would not call a 3 bet in the BB even against this same number of opponents because my thinking is going to be that they are all calling with big cards making broadway that much harder to hit. Of course the middle cards could still be live 789 but I would rather pick a better spot with this type of hand.