PDA

View Full Version : Can you guess these hands?

nopepper
08-18-2004, 03:18 PM
Lets see if you can guess these hands

15-30 3 handed (I have played with the other 2 guys..just total fish thats why I decided to play short handed with them play marignal hands way to fast)

Im in the SB...Button Raises I 3 bet BB Calls Button Caps Me and BB call.

Cap to the flop $180 total

Flop

653 rainbow

I bet...Bb Calls...Button Raises...I re-raise...BB Calls and Button Caps and I call.

Cap to the Turn $360 pot.

Turn K completes rainbow

I bet..BB Raises...Button Re-Raises I cap all call

Cap to the River $720 pot

River is 10..I bet gets raised and re-raised I CALL..BB caps and we all call.

Total Pot $1080

Results and hands to follow buy lets here some guesses

random
08-18-2004, 03:54 PM
everyone had 72 for the nut low and split.

BucHawk
08-18-2004, 04:24 PM
Assuming the other two players (and yourself) are somewhat rational, even if poor players, I would have to say that the BB probably has Kx with x probably 6,5 or 3 giving him two pair on the turn.

Button is advertising in neon letters AA, unless he is totally bluffing.

You don't seem to be a moron, so I'll assume that you realize you aren't going to bluff this pot and I'll further assume you don't have 2-4 or 4-7, so I figure you flopped a set and just for fun, I'll guess a set of sixes.

Kaz The Original
08-18-2004, 04:34 PM
You had KK and caught your 2 outer on the turn. You were up against AA and 10-10.

nopepper
08-18-2004, 04:41 PM
Kaz..you got my hand but your way off on the other two..keep guessing

Senor Choppy
08-18-2004, 05:00 PM
I'm sure we will all learn a great deal when the results are posted.

ike
08-18-2004, 05:35 PM
You have KK, button has 66 or maybe AA, and the BB flopped a straight. You overplayed your hand.

pistol78
08-19-2004, 01:04 AM
button AA
BB 74s

3rdCheckRaise
08-19-2004, 01:43 AM
Button had AA , you had KK and BB got ya all with 74 off...he plays goooot

pistol78
08-19-2004, 02:25 AM
no way the 74 was suited

who started this "goot" business

bugstud
08-19-2004, 02:51 AM
other 2 guys chop with 42o

SpaceAce
08-19-2004, 02:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
other 2 guys chop with 42o

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's not be ridiculous. They obviously chopped with 24s.

SpaceAce

nopepper
08-19-2004, 06:32 AM
I was 2nd with KK
Button had 66 for 3rd place
BB flopped the 2nd nuts and played it perfectly (24o)

I totally overplayed my KK...

Ike is a PIMP nice job

ike
08-19-2004, 07:11 AM
/images/graemlins/grin.gif Come play UB 30/60, you'll quickly become a master of reading these apparently bizarre hands. Here's how I got what I got:
BB smoothcalls every bet on the flop, this is usually either a monster or naked 4. Anything in between like two pair, pair and a draw, 1 pair etc puts in a raise or folds most of the time somewhere on this flop at these stakes. A set could conceivably have called the first bet on a slowplay and have then been legitimately scared of an overset when it came back for 2 more, but when he comes alive on the turn he has the straight, nothing else makes sense.
You aren't very hard to read at all in this hand, you play preflop and on the flop like you have an overpair and your continued aggression on the turn makes it clear you've hit your set. I'm not saying you should have done more to disguise your hand, just that a tight player jamming this hard isn't tough to put on a hand.
Because you so clearly have at least an overpair and the button is considerably more likely to hold a hand that makes a set than one that makes two pair on the flop his play screams set or AA. When he continues his aggression on the turn a set seems more likely.
All this being said I don't know if theres anywhere I could have actually released your hand and I don't even know how many bets I could have saved by slowing down. They may have gone ahead and just capped every street by themselves and I might have just come along for the ride. My play would only differ in that I would stop putting in bets and raises of my own after it came back two cold on the turn.
One thing to consider if you're having trouble making these reads is that this sort of opponent almost certainly plays better postflop than you give him credit for. Some horrible horrible fish who lose lots of money, like your 24o guy I bet, play quite well postflop, or in some cases understand well whats going on postflop and sometimes choose to play poorly, but can't make up the ground they cede by playing so loosely preflop. Many play like complete crap on every street, but in my experience there are also many (in 15-30 and up) who could be very solid players if they tightened up preflop and patched one or two holes (often tilt problems).

nopepper
08-19-2004, 08:07 AM
thanks for the response ike..this was on absoulte poker by the way. After the hand i congrtualted the BB for a well played hand and proceeded to close the application prior to going on tilt.

One good thing about online poker, your a click away from saving a ton of money.

Thanks for the responses guys.