PDA

View Full Version : 5 bet or call down?

mike l.
08-18-2004, 02:49 PM
i have ATo in the sb 3 handed 100-200 at commerce. i openraise, bb 3 bets, i 4 bet, she calls. bb is the wsop ladies champ from tv.

flop is KTT rainbow. i bet, she raises, i call.

the turn is A rainbow. i bet, she raises, i 3 bet, she 4 bets. should i make it 5 bets?

sam h
08-18-2004, 02:58 PM
I would go five here. You only lose to KK or AA and you have an ace in your hand. It seems much more likely that she holds AK, QJ, or some other hand including the case T.

In these situations, though, I think the table dynamics are important. You should obviously be much more willing to go five if these sort of pissing contests were going on fairly frequently.

Clarkmeister
08-18-2004, 03:03 PM
Yes, I think that is the line.

Steve Giufre
08-18-2004, 03:04 PM
Hey Mike,

I've played quite a bit of poker with cyrstal, she is really over aggresive. I would be tempted to five bet her here. If she raised again, I would call it down. Ever play with her boyfriend, I think his name is Peter. He plays much stronger than her, really solid.

mike l.
08-18-2004, 03:06 PM
"Ever play with her boyfriend, I think his name is Peter. He plays much stronger than her, really solid."

is he a tv star too? i think i played w/ him last time. yes he is good and id rather not ever play w/ him again.

SGS
08-18-2004, 03:47 PM
That looks to be the best play.

SGS

morello
08-18-2004, 03:55 PM
I'd definitely 5 bet. Too many hands she could have besides AA/KK here for me to be very worried.

mike l.
08-18-2004, 09:59 PM
well of course i wouldnt have posted this if i didnt completely fagg out and call down. what a fuuking turd i am. she bet the river and i almost checkraised but of course i didnt cause that wouldve been too good. i nearly gagged on my puke when she flipped up her AKs. golly i suck oh well.

jkinetic
08-19-2004, 12:29 AM
I know Pete pretty well.

Was wondering, at that limit who do you think is better, Pete or his brother Paul, if you happen to have played with him.

Just interested in someone's opinion since those that know the two of them give differing opinions.

Crystal is a trip, I guarantee after the hand she said, "Ni Han, you got very lucky" in her thick Vietnamese accent. I have heard that many times from her.

Garland
08-19-2004, 12:33 AM
I would 5-bet. Chances are great she has AK. If she keeps going, just call down.

Garland

Steve Giufre
08-19-2004, 12:50 AM
[ QUOTE ]
well of course i wouldnt have posted this if i didnt completely fagg out and call down. what a fuuking turd i am. she bet the river and i almost checkraised but of course i didnt cause that wouldve been too good. i nearly gagged on my puke when she flipped up her AKs. golly i suck oh well.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would feel a lot better when I thought about how badly she butchered her hand. Pretty horrible.

beerbandit
08-19-2004, 02:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ever play with her boyfriend, I think his name is Peter.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe

this just seemed funny

beer

ChicagoTroy
08-19-2004, 05:53 PM
Your ability to read results and then predict them are staggering. Good job.