PDA

View Full Version : A $5000 Ten

Ian J
08-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Super Tuesday on Party last night. 870 entrants. Here's my story.

91 players left and I have T3900 at the 300/600 level. 90 places are getting paid and I look down at TT in UTG+1. I decide to push in hopes of picking up the blinds. Big stack to my left calls immediately and has KK. Flop 983, turn is a magical T /images/graemlins/club.gif and I'm back in it.

Now right after we make the money, I pick up ATo in the SB. CO open raises the minimum to 1200 and I push for 6200 thinking he'll lay down all but the best hands because his stack is only slightly larger than mine. Well, he has QQ and calls, the flop is K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and I have the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif. I turn the nuts and now I'm really on and rolling.

If you were wondering, no my money wasn't in bad every hand of this tourney..... just those 2 /images/graemlins/smirk.gif.

Now I must thank eMark, because without his posts on stealing blinds, I never would have made the final table of this tournament. I stole more blinds than I ever have and virtually doubled up from 26000 to 45000 or so on blind stealing alone. I think I showed down about 2 hands in the next hour and a half.

Final table arrives and I'm short with T32000. Blinds are 3000/6000. Very first hand I look down at JJ in MP. UTG (aggressive player) opens for 18000 and right as I'm getting ready to move in on him the UTG+1 player moves in for 35000. I fold??? Now one of the blinds calls all in and UTG calls too. JJ for the blind, AQs for UTG+1, and AA for UTG! I was supposed to go broke here. Well, I didn't, but 2 others did and I had secured my best finish (financially) in a MTT ever.

I never really saw another hand at the final table and found myself 6 handed w/ T17000 and 4k/8k blinds. UTG+1 I find black 33 and push. Button calls and then the BB pushes, so I'm getting better than 3-1 on my money. When the BB turns over A /images/graemlins/spade.gif Q /images/graemlins/spade.gif I really start to get excited. Then the flop comes J T 5 rainbow and I think I might be back in this thing w/ T55000. The turn is a J. The river is a 5. Therefore, my 33 turns into absolutely nothing and I'm out 6th, good for my biggest win in an MTT by 4x my next biggest win.

I'm happy. Thanks for reading.

Bernas
08-18-2004, 12:35 PM
congrats!

jluker7
08-18-2004, 01:31 PM
Good fold on the JJ, I didn't make same decision on almost an exact same hand.

UTG Raises, UTG+2 Moves in, I have JJ in CO and I call in.

was mistake I could have moved up another place in money i think.

good to see you folded though. Nice Tournament.

cferejohn
08-18-2004, 01:51 PM
Congrats Ian! That's a 2+2er on the final table of both super monday (me) and super tuesday (you). Let's start a club! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ian J
08-18-2004, 02:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Congrats Ian! That's a 2+2er on the final table of both super monday (me) and super tuesday (you). Let's start a club! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You were my inspiration! I knew you finished 7th and I figured I had to top that. 6th will do. Congrats to you also on your finish.

NoPeak
08-18-2004, 03:09 PM
Congrats and great lay down of the JJ.

cferejohn
08-18-2004, 04:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You were my inspiration! I knew you finished 7th and I figured I had to top that. 6th will do. Congrats to you also on your finish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try to finish 2nd next time... /images/graemlins/wink.gif