PDA

View Full Version : wsop format?

mostsmooth
08-18-2004, 10:09 AM
i misse dthe first hour last night. what was going on? i hear there were alternates waiting outside? were the alternates for people who didnt show up or alternates after somebody got knocked out?
also, did they split the field for round one to cover 2 days? half the field for day one on one day and the other half for day one on the next? I don’t recall this being the situation, but that’s what im being told.

scotnt73
08-18-2004, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i misse dthe first hour last night. what was going on? i hear there were alternates waiting outside? were the alternates for people who didnt show up or alternates after somebody got knocked out?
also, did they split the field for round one to cover 2 days? half the field for day one on one day and the other half for day one on the next? I don’t recall this being the situation, but that’s what im being told.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes they split the field. and the there wasnt room so they had 100 alternates that had to wait for someone to bust out.

TomCollins
08-18-2004, 10:25 AM
Does anyone know if the alternates are REQUIRED to join once they wait. For example, do they have to pay their 10k right away, and if they are blinded off before they even get a seat, they are SOL? Or if they are blinded to 5000, do they have the option to say "fk it, give me my 10k back". I would never see why anyone would ever play a 10k event as an alternate without being one of the top 10 on the list without that kind of protection.

scotnt73
08-18-2004, 11:04 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone know if the alternates are REQUIRED to join once they wait. For example, do they have to pay their 10k right away, and if they are blinded off before they even get a seat, they are SOL? Or if they are blinded to 5000, do they have the option to say "fk it, give me my 10k back". I would never see why anyone would ever play a 10k event as an alternate without being one of the top 10 on the list without that kind of protection.

[/ QUOTE ]

i would hope they started with 10k regardless of when they came in. they already are at the disadvantage of missing cheap play.

slamdunkpro
08-18-2004, 02:13 PM
Alternates were seated with full stacks.

Stew
08-18-2004, 07:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alternates were seated with full stacks.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, they were not, they were deducted $75 in chips for every 30 minutes they waited.