PDA

View Full Version : HU KK on the turn...bet or check?

pstripling
08-18-2004, 10:05 AM
I am in MP with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Raised preflop and only the BB calls. Have no read on BB.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif

BB Checks, I bet, BB calls

Turn: 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, I ????

Is a bet or check here the best play. I don't like how connected this board is and hate giving a free card as any 4, 5 ,9 ,T or another diamond are potential problem cards. However if I bet and get check raised it puts me in a tough spot as I have only 1-2 outs (K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif may not be a clean out). I lean towards a check on the turn and a call on any river card. Does this seem right?

This is a fairly common situation and I would appreciate any advice. Also, would your answer change if there were 2 callers instead of one (and would position matter).

pudley4
08-18-2004, 10:29 AM
Bet and fold to a checkraise.

It's a small pot, you have almost no outs if you're checkraised (vs his A or flush, etc), the board looks just as scary to your opponent, you don't want to give a free card to his singelton diamond, or his gutshot draw, or his one pair, etc.

rigoletto
08-18-2004, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Bet and fold to a checkraise.

It's a small pot, you have almost no outs if you're checkraised (vs his A or flush, etc), the board looks just as scary to your opponent, you don't want to give a free card to his singelton diamond, or his gutshot draw, or his one pair, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good response!