PDA

View Full Version : 99 vs. overcards and a PF raiser...

chesspain
08-18-2004, 08:28 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

No read on the preflop raiser. UTG is your basic "passive, will play any singleton Bdwy and chase..." kind of guy.

Preflop: chesspain is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, chesspain calls, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, chesspain calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (12.33 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, chesspain checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, chesspain???

I checked the flop with the thought of checkraising the raiser, but I'm not happy about UTG hanging around, and MP2 is still left to act after me. In addition, if by chance I am ahead here, I realize that if MP3 has AK I will still have ten cards to dodge between here and the river.

With 14 SB in the pot, is this an easy call? If so, am I committed to trying to get to a showdown if no A,K, or T hits? Finally, do I bet out on the turn if none of these three cards falls?

Eihli
08-18-2004, 08:37 AM
This hand looks bad. First off, I'd raise preflop. Then, on the flop, you're thinking about check-raising with an underpair against a preflop raiser who you have no read on? I fold this on the flop facing the preflop raiser and the UTG caller.

Haupt_234
08-18-2004, 09:04 AM
I would raise preflop, then check/fold the flop when 2 overcards come.

[ QUOTE ]
With 14 SB in the pot, is this an easy call?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is an easy fold IMO.

Haupt_234

Aces McGee
08-18-2004, 09:38 AM
Hi Chesspain

If you want to continue on with this hand no matter what, I think you're better off betting the flop and hoping the preflop raiser helps you knock out jacks and weak queens (if they're out there). Given your position, if you checkraise the flop, all you're doing is building a huge pot and tying people to it. That's not going to help you win this pot, which is already large.

That being said, I don't think there's anything wrong with checkfolding this flop. Maybe if the villain bets and its folded to you, you can think about calling, but I can't say I'd like to be in that situation with two overcards on the flop.

-McGee

MAxx
08-18-2004, 09:42 AM
i'm with haupt. this is an easy play. raise pf.

seeing that you didn't- and people got to limp with hands that could easily benefit from this flop, it is an easy fold on the flop.

BeerMoney
08-18-2004, 09:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, chesspain checks, MP2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, chesspain???

[/ QUOTE ]

Let's go of his hand.

chesspain
08-18-2004, 02:09 PM
I folded the flop.