PDA

View Full Version : Who is responsible?

Garland
08-18-2004, 07:11 AM
Stakes: $6/$12
Players: Loose and aggressive

I just sat down. I guess the rule is, I have to post to get my first hand. Unfortunately, when I'm in the CO, I assume I get a free hand, but the dealer does not ask me to post. There's a limper or two, and get 84o and muck.

At this time, the button says something about me posting and requests I put in 3 chips!

As the action continues, button continues to chirp about the 3 chips missing because I should have been required to post. But my contention is that the dealer should have made sure everyone has posted the proper blinds before she deals the cards and certainly something should be said before I mucked my cards.

Button continues to bark about the missing 3 chips as he becomes the winner of the pot and askes the floor to come over and deal with the situation.

So who does what wrong and who is responsible?

Garland

pudley4
08-18-2004, 10:55 AM
Would you have taken a hand if you knew you had to post? If so, then give him the 3 chips. If not, then don't.

Nottom
08-18-2004, 11:32 AM
I agree with yout that its the dealers responsibility to make sure you posted before he gave you cards.

However, it could get tricky becaue you looked at your cards before mucking them. If you had AA you surely would have played them.