PDA

View Full Version : Can you dig it?

Schneids
08-18-2004, 05:57 AM
What I know about button is he's slightly overaggressive.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Schneids is UTG with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif. CO posts a blind of $10.
<font color="CC3333">Schneids raises</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls, Schneids calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Schneids checks, <font color="CC3333">Button bets</font>, BB calls, Schneids calls.

Turn: (6.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Schneids bets</font>...

Nate tha' Great
08-18-2004, 06:16 AM
Hmmm. Huummmmmm. Interesting. Hmmmmmm. Huh. Hummmmmmmm.

I don't think I can evaluate this without knowing what your plan is if he raises.

I will now go back to playing microlimit Stud/8.

Oops, the server is down.

I will now go back to watching the women's 82kg judo quarterfinal. In Spanish.

Schneids
08-18-2004, 06:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]

I don't think I can evaluate this without knowing what your plan is if he raises.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I bet because I was hoping he'd raise. In any event my plan is to call down unless BB suddenly gets involved with a raise somewhere.

BTW sleep is an option.

BlueBear
08-18-2004, 06:24 AM
Tough hand but still a nice bet on turn. Against a turn raise, I may fold this against a straightforward player but may end up calling this down against a trickier one.

Nate tha' Great
08-18-2004, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I bet because I was hoping he'd raise. In any event my plan is to call down unless BB suddenly gets involved with a raise somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that Button is, in fact, highly likely to raise. The problem is that he really will have the better hand a fair percentage of the time.

The benefit of raising, I suppose, is that you put pressure on BB, but I'm not certain how much advantage there is in that. He will call with a flush draw, and you make a little bit of money from that, but not a huge amount considering that his flush draw may include overcard(s) to your 9 and that you won't always have Button beat to begin with. He will call, very likely, with a King, no matter how weak his kicker; players that call two cold preflop aren't going to fold on the turn when they have top pair. If he has, like, 86 he would probably fold but you wouldn't want him to. He also might fold say A6 ... that isn't much of a victory when you won't always have the best hand to begin with. I don't think the raise accomplishes what you want it to from the perspective of hand protection; the hands that BB would call with for one bet but not for two aren't those that you really mind his drawing to.

Do you want to get more moeny in the pot strictly for value reasons? Maybe, but that's a pretty thin edge that you're pushing.

Folding the flop would not be terrible.

[ QUOTE ]
BTW sleep is an option.

[/ QUOTE ]

But it's bright out!

Guido
08-18-2004, 07:22 AM
Why not bet the flop and try to accomplish the same thing as you are trying to do on the turn?

Guido

chio
08-18-2004, 08:41 AM
i don't know if i like this bet, only because i would hate to fold and also hate to call down if raised

hate to fold because button is overaggressive
hate to call down because even if he is overaggressive, there is a chance he has you drawing slim

also BB will probably never fold a pair of kings, even for 2 cold on the turn

i guess i would only bet here if i could fold to raise

Zele
08-18-2004, 10:44 AM
I second the motion.