PDA

View Full Version : Another Annie post, sorry

Unvme
08-18-2004, 05:42 AM
They wont stop showing her talking about the 20k that she won from Ben A., she says she "beat him out of a lot of money the first time they played."

Annie, I hate to break this to you, but it is rumored that Ben actually wipes his ass with 20k. So next time you when "a lot" from someone make sure they didnt just wipe their ass with it.

West
08-18-2004, 05:52 AM
C'mon man, it's been said before, but she's nice enough and interested enough to be posting/replying here, maybe we ought not to drive her off with blatantly rude posts.

Unvme
08-18-2004, 05:54 AM
then maybe she doesnt need to be bragging on national TV about how she won 20k from this guy. I said it on 2+2 for 500 people to read. She said it on ESPN from 50 million to see

Nottom
08-18-2004, 08:38 AM
To 99% of the people watching ESPN, 20K is "a lot" of money.

If Bill Gates walked by and dropped a $Million on the sidewalk would you try and make this same argument?

ohgeetee
08-18-2004, 09:24 AM
If ESPN asks her "so i heard you beat Ben Affleck out of a lot of money" at 4 different occasions and she answers at all 4 occasions, then they decide toa ir it all 4 times, does that make her a braggart?

Her bitching about the crew kid mucking cards is what I found funny, since she dug a guys cards out of the muck in the 2000 WSOP to make sure he mucked aces, but both things seem pretty tame.

I think ESPN is trying to lump her in with Phil Hellmuth as far as attitude and self absorbtion goes, but only their snippets are pushing this persona. When you compare Phil's website, cardplayer articles, and WPT performances tow hat ESPN airs, it is quite obvious it is an accurate representation that he is a whiny bitch that is full of himself.

When youc ompare what ESPN shows about annie to her website, other interviews, and her posts here, it seems like they are stretching.

I don't think she gives non pros enough "common courtesy" type of respect, but thats hardly as bad of a picture as espn seems to be trying to paint.

Fitz
08-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Some of Annie's attitude towards non-pros does get annoying. Of course, how would any of us respond in similar circumstances when we just got KO'd from a tourney and some yo yo sticks a mike in our face? I think comparing her to Hellmuth is a bit of a stretch. She gets a little pissy; he acts like a 3 year old and tries to rationalize it. I can't believe Sam Grizzle is the only guy to ever punch him out.

As far as winning 20k from Affleck, if any of the posters here had done that, how many times do you think we would have read/heard about it?

Good luck all,

Fitz

Dominic
08-18-2004, 01:16 PM
okay, I'm getting tired of you idiots with no money thinking that rich people have no concept of "how much money $10,000 really is."

Guess what? We MADE the money in the first place AND we have figured out how to keep it. So tell me who respects the value of $10,000 more?

And if Ben Affleck wants to wipe his ass with $10,000, I can guarantee you it's only because he knows he'll be able to sell it for $20,000.

Go back to putting your savings account on PartyPoker and shut up, okay?

drewjustdrew
08-18-2004, 01:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]

And if Ben Affleck wants to wipe his ass with $10,000, I can guarantee you it's only because he knows he'll be able to sell it for $20,000.

[/ QUOTE ]

Classic.

ZootMurph
08-18-2004, 02:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They wont stop showing her talking about the 20k that she won from Ben A., she says she "beat him out of a lot of money the first time they played."

Annie, I hate to break this to you, but it is rumored that Ben actually wipes his ass with 20k. So next time you when "a lot" from someone make sure they didnt just wipe their ass with it.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are really taking this out of context of the whole interview. They asked her if she thought Ben was a good player. She responded by saying he wasn't, but has learned a lot, is bright, etc. etc. and is now a world class player. The only people taking offense at was Annie Duke says are ignorant fools who are looking for a reason to complain about someone.

In addition, figure what game they were playing when she took $20k from him... if it was $1k/$2k, then she only took 10BB... not much. If it was $100/$200, then she took 100 BB... not bad.

In closing... don't be an arse.

cornell2005
08-18-2004, 03:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

dumb, pointless post. 1. its intersting, so thats why it was said 2. it wasnt bragging 3. 20k is alot of money and 4. why would she "brag" that she is better than her student.

TheRake
08-18-2004, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
C'mon man, it's been said before, but she's nice enough and interested enough to be posting/replying here, maybe we ought not to drive her off with blatantly rude posts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree...Annie seems nice enough to me and I don't understand why you all want to drive her away from the forum.

It cannot be easy for her to come here and read all this trash you guys write about her.

But hey as long as it makes you feel better /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

TheRake

maurile
08-18-2004, 04:49 PM
If you have something stupid to say to Annie, why don't you just PM her? It'd be a lot less annoying for the rest of us that way.

jwvdcw
08-18-2004, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you have something stupid to say to Annie, why don't you just PM her? It'd be a lot less annoying for the rest of us that way.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed. This is getting ridiculous.

Unvme
08-18-2004, 08:22 PM
ok maybe I should have PMed her, but this is an open forum where I can post an open topic. You see the thread, and you can either click on it to read or have the right not to. So if you dont want to hear people complain about how annie acts, then I suggest you dont click on too many topics with her name in it because you will find more people complaining about her and her attitude than people that like her.

Regardless, sorry if this post bothered you or annie