PDA

View Full Version : OK ... rip away

Abednego
08-18-2004, 01:55 AM
I am fairly new at posting and will continue to do so but my self esteem is really taking a beating (believe it or not my bankroll is thriving but one would not think so from a look at my posts and subsequent critiques). I invite the criticism and take it to heart. How was this one played?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, MP1 calls, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks,

Flop: (5 SB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Button folds, SB folds, BB folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds.

Final Pot: 7.50 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 6.50 BB, won by Hero.</font>
<font color="green">Pot 2: 1 BB, returned to Hero.</font>

Piiop
08-18-2004, 01:56 AM
I would raise preflop, then I would 3-bet the flop.

Turn and river I play the same.

MoreWineII
08-18-2004, 02:05 AM
Don't take criticism to heart, yo. Since you are posting hands on this forum, we all assume you want to improve your game. The tone of some replies might be less than cuddly, but usually the advice is sound.

I bet most people here have taken a verbal beating at least once, I know I have. And I probably deserved it. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Now, here:

Raise PF. Having done that, I think I 3-bet the flop and lead the turn.

Abednego
08-18-2004, 02:11 AM
I hear you ..... I meant I heed the criticism and don't mind it a bit ...... I also appreciate how it is presented. A sense of humor helps when the sarcasm flows and I have no problem with any of it. Thanks for your post.

TheHip41
08-18-2004, 02:39 AM
3-bet the flop. He could have an ace, or he could just be raising his dumb flush draw. Keep betting.

scotnt73
08-18-2004, 08:38 AM
im curious. why did you not reraise the flop if you were going to bet out on the turn when a 9 came and changed nothing? the rest looks fine.