PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Sponger15SB
08-17-2004, 08:23 PM
I'm getting frickin bored playing online, I was sick of it about a week ago, and my playing time dropped from about 30 hours a week for a month, to about 15 last week.

Last night I broke the monotony by playing 13 hours at a B&M.

any advice from people who have gone crazy playing online, yet have since recovered.

i have sat at my computer for like 4 hours today and played maybe 1 hour of poker.....

i need the money, can't bring myself to play though, any ideas?

dogmeat
08-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Read something light - like Sports Illustrated, while playing just a single or two tables. Nice for a break.

Dogmeat /images/graemlins/spade.gif

Sponger15SB
08-18-2004, 01:23 PM
nobody else? thanks guys i really appreciate it...

csuf_gambler
08-18-2004, 02:38 PM
man, just get out for awhile, go have fun with your friends. go watch a movie, go to the beach, just go do something besides poker. carpe diem.

PITTM
08-18-2004, 02:47 PM
i usually go to the gym or play video games when this happens. i find that going to the gym gets a lot of anxiety and excess energy out productively. i also think a lot more clearly after a good workout.

rj

namknils
08-18-2004, 02:50 PM
I would also suggest getting out of the house and doing something else for a day. I would do some exercising.

You're in San Diego! Go enjoy the weather, forget about poker, after a while you'll be itching to go home and play.