PDA

View Full Version : Two Jakes..wait make that three...

IndieMatty
08-17-2004, 01:41 PM
No transcript..Party Poker 2-4

Table is typical, maybe a little tighter then most, with Hero showing the most aggression, MP had not acted out of line, and may actually be competent.

Hero is the button with J /images/graemlins/spade.gif J /images/graemlins/club.gif

UTG Calls, UTG 2 Calls, MP Raises, all fold to Hero who 3 bets, Sb folds, BB calls. UTG's and MP all Call. 15.5 SB's

Flop: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 10 /images/graemlins/spade.gif 7 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (edited)

BB Checks, UTG bets, UTG2 Folds, MP Raises, Hero 3 bets, BB Folds, UTG Calls, MP CAPS!, Hero, and UTG Call. 13 BBs..

Turn: J /images/graemlins/heart.gif /images/graemlins/blush.gif

UTG Checks, MP (doing his best Gordon Lightfoot impression)Checks??? , Hero: Bets, UTG Calls, MP.....Calls? (I was hoping for a check raise). 16 BB's

River: K /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (Crap UTG must be hanging around for the flush, no straight right??)...but...

UTG Checks(?) MP Bets?!?! (AK? AQD? KK?) Hero?

Results to come:

Question: 3 bet with Js pre-flop? Just call down River?

Bill Smith
08-17-2004, 01:49 PM
Call the river and expect to be shown the flush. MP (probably a 2+2er) value-capped the flop with a flush draw, and hit it on the river.

This is the only way to explain the play of MP. If you have a flush draw and 2+ people you know will call, you want to want as much money going into the pot as possible because the odds of hitting the flush are better than 2:1 in the next two cards. He misses the flush on the turn, and therefore calls because now his odds are not as good. He hits the flush on the river and bets it out.

Munga30
08-17-2004, 01:54 PM
Yes and yes. Give UTG the chance to make yet another loose call.

dumb ox
08-17-2004, 01:55 PM
MP could have the flush. Capping the flop with a four flush (and in this case probably overcards) and checking the turn when the fifth doesn't come is fairly common.

StellarWind
08-17-2004, 02:04 PM
3-betting and calling are both viable preflop. Depends on how likely MP is to have AA-QQ for his raise. If I thought it highly likely I would just call. If MP has a wide range of raising hands I 3-bet.

When a decent player plays the flop wide open and then check-calls the turn, I immediately check the board for flush draws and OESDs. I read A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif in this case. When I see the river I modify to A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ /images/graemlins/diamond.gif.

Tough luck, make a crying call. Someone mentioned the idea of playing for the overcall from UTG and that is certainly valid. But in this case I am so skeptical of my chances that a raise merits absolutely no consideration.

IndieMatty
08-17-2004, 03:01 PM
No Idea what UTG had, he folded, when I called MP's bet.

MP showed. K /images/graemlins/spade.gif K /images/graemlins/heart.gif and MHING.

Seems like I played it right, albeit on the river for the wrong reason.

If UTG Raises my crying call, does anyone fold here?

me454555
08-17-2004, 03:14 PM
No, you can't fold b/c the pot is too big. If UTG Raises and MP 3bets, then I'd toss it

StellarWind
08-17-2004, 03:18 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and may actually be competent

[/ QUOTE ]
Or not /images/graemlins/tongue.gif.

IndieMatty
08-17-2004, 03:24 PM
yeah when I saw KK, I was actually thankful, he saved me some money. Thanks as always.