PDA

View Full Version : Lucky rare occurance. :) KK on both tables at the same time.

sprmario
08-17-2004, 12:27 PM
was playing 2 1/2 party tables and was dealt KK and KK at the same time at both tables. Then the flop gave me sets of Kings with an ace on board as well on both tables. I got good action on both tables winning 20BB and 16BB pots at the same time. Anyone feel like calculating the odds on this? The crazy part is that I won a 38BB hand the hand before on one of these tables w/ KJs making the nut straight. I ended up making a 43BB profit in about 15 to 20 min at the tables before deciding to call it a night on a high note.

Nottom
08-17-2004, 12:56 PM
I had QQ on 3 tables at the same time the other day ...

Cleveland Guy
08-17-2004, 02:52 PM
I had 27o - on 2 seperate tables both in the BB. No raisers to me.

One table flopped me trip 7
The other flopped me Trip 2

goldcowboy
08-19-2004, 12:17 AM
I also have been dealt the same down cards on two tables at the same time. This has happened several times, and it has me wondering about the validity of the random number generator. Is it possible it is dealing the same card on all tables at the same instant? If so, I think this is a major bug in the software. Any comments? I'll refrain from mentioning the site until I get more feedback.

nicky g
08-19-2004, 06:14 AM
If you play often this is bound to happen.

SossMan
08-19-2004, 12:57 PM
not a bug in the software...its called statistics.

SomethingClever
08-19-2004, 04:03 PM
I had A /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 /images/graemlins/spade.gif on two tables at the same time yesterday, which is statistically less likely, and massively more crappy, than the same pocket pair.

Now if the flops had been the exact same... I would have started wondering if I was within close range of an infinite improbability drive.

Also... 29,000 hands and 72o is the one I've had the most? Seriously? Poker is funny.

goldcowboy
08-19-2004, 05:09 PM
I understand probability and statistics, and I say this is something more. It happened to me twice today in about 3 hours of play, which would be about 180 hands in each of the two games I was playing. It appears to happen when your two hands are being dealt at the exact same moment in time. In other words, it appears there is one master random number generator at work for all tables, and if two hands are dealt at the same moment they will be identical. I had always assumed that the random number generator was running a separate routine for each table. If my observations are correct I don't think it is exploitable, because different reaction times on the multiple tables means that the flops will be "generated" at different times and therefore won't be the same.

By the way, it doesn't happen more frequently with "good" cards or "bad" cards; it just happens whenever your two hands are dealt simultaneously. The cards could be anything.

SomethingClever
08-19-2004, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
In other words, it appears there is one master random number generator at work for all tables, and if two hands are dealt at the same moment they will be identical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm no math whiz, but I'm 99.99999% certain that this is not true.

Each table may be using the same algorithm, but I guarantee they're not synced up.