PDA

View Full Version : Two KK hands

Jimbo720
08-17-2004, 12:24 PM
No reads on any my opponents. Any way I could have played this differently?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (13.25 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, MP3 checks, CO checks.

River: (13.25 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls, CO folds, BB folds.

Final Pot: 15.25 BB

Here's another short one:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. UTG+2 posts a blind of $2.
UTG calls, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 (poster) checks, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds.

Flop: (6 SB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 4.50 BB

Again, no reads. I think this was like the 2nd hand dealt to me on this table. Should I have reraised with very little in the pot when I may be drawing dead? All suggestions are appreciated.

NUReedy
08-17-2004, 12:29 PM
Hand 1: Bet the turn. MP3 prolly has AQ or some similar hand. CO is very sad no more hearts came.

Hand 2: You can't fold the flop there. 99% of Party players would flat call the flop and raise you on the turn given
a) you have been aggressive
b) Villian has position.
Given this a reraise may be in order to get a feel for the hand, but I don't think folding the flop is correct.

easypete
08-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Hand 1:

Bet the turn. You are still ahead if CO was on a draw.

Hand 2:

Tough one... If I was UTG w/ TT, I'm definately raising here. Heads up on the flop, you may be ahead here. I would 3-bet.

zram21
08-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Hand 1: Bet the turn. If you get raised again then just call down.

Hand 2: This is a bit tougher and would be easier with a decent read on the opponent. The Party 2/4 players love to raise when they pair the other card on the paired flop. I don't know that a fold is terrible, but without a solid read I am probably calling this and then calling down.

bdk3clash
08-17-2004, 12:37 PM
Small clarification--in hand 2 you're only drawing dead to AA. You've got 2 outs against Ax (where x isn't a 2) and 22, and you can go perfect-perfect against A2 and AK.

Welcome to the board.

Jimbo720
08-17-2004, 01:13 PM
Thanks. I've been a long time avid reader. I'll try to start posting more hands. =]