PDA

View Full Version : AA, Horrific board. Missed bets?

Guy McSucker
08-17-2004, 12:17 PM
Does anyone play this hand differently, and why?

Thanks as usual,

Guy.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Sucker MC is MP1 with A/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sucker MC raises</font>, <font color="666666">3 folds</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">Sucker MC raises</font>, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

<font color=" blue"> Not the best board to have two opponents on, but at least I have position. Anyone "wait till the turn" to "protect their hand" here?</font>

Turn: (7 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Sucker MC checks.

<font color=" blue"> That turn card is vile. I am seeing two pairs, straights and flushes all over. Is this worth a bet? What will you do if check-raised? And can the river make this look any worse?</font>

River: (7 BB) 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, UTG checks, Sucker MC checks.

<font color=" blue"> Apparently it can. But they've both checked again!?!?!?! Value bet here? Fold if raised? How about if one of them had bet? What would you do if it goes check, bet... or bet, call..., or bet, fold... ? I am all at sea.
</font>

Final Pot: 7 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 7 BB, between BB, UTG and Sucker MC.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Sucker MC (7 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
BB shows Kc Ah (one pair, sevens).
UTG shows 2s Ad (one pair, sevens).
Sucker MC shows Ac As (two pair, aces and sevens).
Outcome: Sucker MC wins 7 BB. </font>

bdk3clash
08-17-2004, 12:22 PM
Not a fun board, but close your eyes, take a deep breath, and bet the turn.

From then on, as Matt Flynn says, you have to play poker.

Easy bet on the river. Tsk tsk. If ya get checkraised, ya get checkraised.

easypete
08-17-2004, 12:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Not a fun board, but close your eyes, take a deep breath, and bet the turn.

From then on, as Matt Flynn says, you have to play poker.

Easy bet on the river. Tsk tsk. If ya get checkraised, ya get checkraised.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you get check/raised on turn, do you fold?

Bet the river.

Monty Cantsin
08-17-2004, 12:26 PM
Once you've checked through the turn and the river is checked around to you I think you have to bet and even call a subsequent raise, which could be anything now. I don't think a straight or flush is likely to check the river, but I do think plenty of hands you beat call you now, putting you on overcards. And I think plenty of hands you beat might checkraise you on a whim, thinking you might fold a bigger pocket pair or pay off with overcards.

/mc

MoreWineII
08-17-2004, 12:26 PM
I like it. I'm leaning towards betting the river, though, but I don't know if that's right. The turn checks could possibly be a whiffed c/r's, but I don't think they'd check a straight, flush, or FH on the river.

And I think there are hands they'd call with that you could beat.

bdk3clash
08-17-2004, 12:31 PM
Yeah, I'd probably call down. At that point the pot would have 10+ BBs in it. You'd basically be getting 11:2 to call the turn raise and river bet. People get frisky.

EDIT: Misread turn/river cards.