PDA

View Full Version : Riding the cowboys through the pond...

chesspain
08-17-2004, 11:40 AM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

A fairly fishy table. CO is a very fishy LAG, who is doing things like raising from the button with KJo against UTG raisers with coldcallers, and raising with MP or TP/weak kicker against calling stations who've come alive on scary turn/river boards.

Preflop: chesspain is UTG with K/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="CC3333">chesspain raises</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, SB calls, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">chesspain caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (28 SB) 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (17 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP3 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, BB folds, <font color="CC3333">chesspain 3-bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (23 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">chesspain bets</font>, CO calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 25 BB, between CO and chesspain.</font>

MoreWineII
08-17-2004, 11:49 AM
Vs. most players I won't 3-bet the turn, but against your very fishy LAG, I don't see any problem.

What a shi...crummy river card.

Victor
08-17-2004, 11:50 AM
Hi Chesspain,

I think you missed a bet.

I think you played it fine. I like the 3-bet on the turn as your opp probably hit a pair of aces. Maybe he has A-Q or A-K. When he does not 3-bet you he clearly does not have a flush.

I also like your river bet as you will always be called by A-K and win. The only hands to worry about here AxQd (no river raise so discount this one) or AA.

The river really is the tough street. Checking is wront as you will miss a bet from A-K or A-Q. But can you fold to a raise? Knowledge of your opponent is integral here. I would call down every time.

BTW, if I was your opp I would raise the river every time. This pot is huge.

Vee Quiva
08-17-2004, 11:51 AM
Well I would find it hard to believe your opponet would call preflop with a suited Queen so there's a decent chance you have the best hand. By the turn there are just too many bets in the pot to give up on it, so I like your aggressiveness in trying to win it. How did it end?

chesspain
08-17-2004, 11:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Hi Chesspain,

I think you missed a bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh...I bet/raised every chance I had.

Victor
08-17-2004, 12:04 PM
I know.

It was a joke.

I liked how you played it.

chesspain
08-17-2004, 12:40 PM
CO showed Ah 5d, and MHING /images/graemlins/frown.gif

Although I rarely post bad beats, I guess I just needed a reality check on my play, since I'm about -10BB in the 4200 hands I've played at 2/4 and 3/6 since purchasing Pokertracker. Although 4K hands may be statistically meaningless, it certainly feels somewhat substantial to be only treading water after 66 hours of play.

MoreWineII
08-17-2004, 12:43 PM
We've all been there, but I think you know your play (at least in this hand) was right on the money.

nepenthe
08-17-2004, 02:43 PM
Don't sweat it. You played well given your read. You're calling a river raise, correct? The pot is big and there's no telling what this opponent might bluff with given the superdangerous nature of the final board.