PDA

View Full Version : Make a Play or Fight Another Day?

Festus22
08-17-2004, 06:16 AM
This just didn't seem right but where do I make a move (if anywhere). MP2 in this hand is a bit of a loose cannon. He's taken down several pots before showdown with aggressive play.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Flop: (9.50 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls.

River: (9.25 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks, <font color="CC3333">MP2 bets</font>, BB folds, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.25 BB

bisonbison
08-17-2004, 06:28 AM
When BB checks the flop, I bet. I have position and a hand that he knows is worth raising, so I may win the battle of the overcards.

mikeyKay
08-17-2004, 08:52 AM
i think you have to raise at some point...most likely the turn. BB has AK/AQ, written all over him, so at some point you have to atleast knock him out if you want to win...but i think i would fold up shop early against a LAGish player and wait until i can really punish him, rather than draw and guess against him. turn looks like the best place to show some aggression (if you want to try and play the hand), MP2 could have nothing, just using his position along with yours and BB's lack of betting, but most likely he has some kind of pair. folding the turn seems like a bad idea...i guess this is an ok way to play the hand, but dont like how you never bet...id prolly throw some chips in on the turn and see what happens, but i sometimes have trouble with LAGs

-mike