PDA

View Full Version : Wait until the turn to raise?

Saborion
08-17-2004, 12:02 AM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

UTG (t1700)
MP (t1510)
CO (t1085)
Hero (t1200)
SB (t1830)
BB (t675)

Preflop: Hero is Button with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls t30, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t120</font>, SB calls t105, <font color="666666">1 fold</font>, MP folds.

Flop: (t300) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets t100</font>

Ok. No flush-draws. Possible straight draw. If he has an A, I believe I might have him beat. Do I simply call this bet since it's HU, and then raise him on the turn? This way I might get a few more bucks from him, although it'll sometimes, rarely though, let him catch a card that might allow him to take a lot of my chips. I'd like to recall that in tournaments you should be happy with what's in there, unless you're holding a real powerhouse?

tallstack
08-17-2004, 12:39 AM
Do you have any read on his playing style? It was only his sb so if he is a decent player then he should have a hand. What does the underbet of the pot mean to you? Is it a usual bet for him? If not, is he trying to keep it cheap, or is he hoping to lure you into a raise?

IMO, your hand is not good enough to slow play here. I would be inclined to raise it to about t300 to put him to a decision now. If he comes over the top then I would usually fold. If he calls then I would push just about any turn.

Dave S

AtlBrvs4Life
08-17-2004, 01:14 AM
I don't like the pf raise. You really don't have any idea where you are on the flop, but chances are good that you're behind to AK-AJ.

Saborion
08-17-2004, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the pf raise.

[/ QUOTE ]
Huh? You suggesting that I limp in on the button with ATs in a 6-handed game after one opponent has shown weakness by limping in? Or are you suggesting that I fold?

[ QUOTE ]
You really don't have any idea where you are on the flop, but chances are good that you're behind to AK-AJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
And I would've had a better idea of where I was if I hadn't raised pre-flop? And what makes you think that the chance of me being behind to AK-AJ that great? I'd say the chances of me being behind to either of those 3 hands is slim. I'd even say that the chance of me being behind to Ax for a two pair is greater.

Saborion
08-17-2004, 09:17 AM
I didn't think hand was strong enough to slowplay until the turn, and I'd be happy with the T400 that was already in the pot, so I raised to T300. My opponent folded.