PDA

View Full Version : Aliens vs. Predator-a short review

vulturesrow
08-16-2004, 11:56 PM
Went to see this tonight.

Goods: Awesome effects, good fight scenes and violence.

Bad: Plot was a little thin (but who didnt expect that) and the big showdown is a bit anticlimatic. .

I would definitely go see this movie. Great effects and good use of sound demand that you see this move in a theater. Of course they left the door open for a sequel or two. All in all, a good popcorn movie, worth going to see if you are a fan of the genre.

Chris

mike l.
08-17-2004, 02:00 AM
"the big showdown is a bit anticlimatic."

im not going to see it. who wins?

fsuplayer
08-17-2004, 02:08 AM
Appreciate the review, but this really needs to go in the "Other Topics" forum.

fsuplayer

Taxman
08-17-2004, 02:09 AM
Don't answer! People like me with no self control whatsoever will be compelled to read the answer. Of course then again I probably won't see it anyway.... I still don't know who won in Freddy vs. Jason.

Losing all
08-17-2004, 05:18 AM
I don't know either, but it must been Jason. Freddy is a pu$$y

NoPeak
08-17-2004, 11:34 AM
So whats next?

Chucky v. Jaws or maybe Michael Myers v. Mummy

Thythe
08-17-2004, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"the big showdown is a bit anticlimatic."

im not going to see it. who wins?

[/ QUOTE ]

It's our planet, it's their war. Whoever wins, we lose.

Thythe
08-17-2004, 12:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Appreciate the review, but this really needs to go in the "Other Topics" forum.

fsuplayer

[/ QUOTE ]

Give me a break, a review of a recent movie embodies everything: news, views, and gossip.

DrSavage
08-17-2004, 12:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Went to see this tonight.

Goods: Awesome effects, good fight scenes and violence.

Bad: Plot was a little thin (but who didnt expect that) and the big showdown is a bit anticlimatic. .

I would definitely go see this movie. Great effects and good use of sound demand that you see this move in a theater. Of course they left the door open for a sequel or two. All in all, a good popcorn movie, worth going to see if you are a fan of the genre.

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

If i would have to describe this movie in one word it would be "DUMB". Save your $10, watch Aliens again instead.
A non-spoiler quote from the movie to give your a better picture:
At some point a few character observe Aurora Borealis (for no reason whatsoever). A character who's all scientific says:
"These are Protons, ELECTRONS FROM THE SUN".
The others nod.
DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB

J.R.
08-17-2004, 12:59 PM
Give me a break, a review of a recent movie embodies everything: news, views, and gossip.

This forum is General Gambling News, Views and Gossip. AvP doesn't have much to do with gambling.

Jurollo
08-17-2004, 01:58 PM
You could gamble on its weekend rake on intertops, therefore, by theorizing it is worth watching you could bet the "over" on intertops, therefore, it could constitute "General Gambling --> News, Views, Gossip", I rest my case.

vulturesrow
08-17-2004, 02:44 PM
In my defense, the distinction in the left hand frame between General Gambling and Other Topics is barely discernible. At any rate, is is that big a deal? People need to lighten up around here. Anyhow, thanks for the stellar defense /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Thythe
08-17-2004, 03:06 PM
I've actually done this before. I put $20 on the over for The Alamo. Hmmm, that was a bad idea...

onegymrat
08-17-2004, 04:06 PM
My two kids wanted to see it and surprisingly I liked it also. I really thought it was going to be really cheesy, but it turned out to be only slightly cheesy. I think it was a good effort especially since this was sort of a "forced" project to do. Ever since the alien skull was shown on Predator 2, there has been talking of the two species meeting.