PDA

View Full Version : Limping with small pocket pair

DownUnder
08-16-2004, 09:20 PM
I'm a first time poster and would appreciate all feedback.

Party 2-4. Passive game to date, most flops have 3-4 limpers but not much raising pre-flop. No particular read on opponents.

Hero is UTG + 1 with 5d 5c

UTG folds, Hero limps, 2 folds, MP2 calls, 2 folds, Button raises, SB folds, BB calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls

(I’ve been limping quite a lot with low pocket pairs recently. Is this OK in loose low-limit games? While I wouldn’t have called two bets cold, once I’ve committed one bet, calling the raise is +EV right?)

Flop comes 9s 6d 5h (4 players, 8.5 SBs)

BB checks, Hero checks, MP2 checks, Button bets, BB calls, Hero raises, MP2 folds, Button calls, BB folds

(Views on the check-raise here? Should I just bet this flop without a read on my opponents?)

Turn 6h (6.75 BB)

Hero bets, Button raises, Hero 3 bets, Button caps, Hero calls

River 3s (14.75 BB)

Hero bets, Button calls

I'm not sure what to do here. When in doubt, I just bet the river.

Pot 16.75 BB - results to follow

secada
08-16-2004, 09:31 PM
AT at typical loose/passive party table you should be able to limp with pocket pairs from any position.

I really don't like check raising the flop here. You don't want to eliminate players right? I bet out, but check /calling is better than check raising IMO.

-secada

TheHip41
08-16-2004, 09:56 PM
Bet the flop, if you get raised, just call. C/r the turn.

Bet the flop, if everyone calls, bet the turn, bet the river.

They will call.

Too many times i've tried to be tricky and the flop goes check/check/check/check. Not really what you want with your hand.

Derek

Mike Gallo
08-16-2004, 10:06 PM
Hi Mr Aussie man,

I would bet the flop and call a raise and then check raise the turn.

I also would always play any pocket pair in a loose passive game.

(I’ve been limping quite a lot with low pocket pairs recently. Is this OK in loose low-limit games? While I wouldn’t have called two bets cold, once I’ve committed one bet, calling the raise is +EV right?)

Yes and yes