PDA

View Full Version : SSH 99 vs. a loose, somewhat aggressive player.

AdamL
08-16-2004, 08:36 PM
This is a live game. 5/10 at Great Blue Heron in Port Perry Ontario. The table is loose and usually there are two or three at the river, but in a non-raised pot 5-6 players see the flop.

There is a loose player sitting across from me. He plays a very wide variety of hands and tends to bet/call to the river. He doesn't always raise the turn/river so I'm not going to call him a maniac, but he wasn't just sitting there calling either.

I get 99 in mp1. Laggy guy (utg) limps. Two players fold to me and I raise. 2 call behind me and laggy calls.

Flop is 10 5 2, two clubs.

Laggy checks. I lead out with a bet. 1 caller, the laggy player raises, other player folds, I 3-bet it and it is called by both remaining players.

Turn is 6, non-club.

He checks. Sour look on his face since I three bet the flop. I bet. He calls.

River 2 non-club.

He checks. I flip my cards.

AdamL
08-16-2004, 11:19 PM
Forgot to write that I'm looking for feedback on how I played.

TripleH68
08-16-2004, 11:52 PM
You slowed him down for sure. But would he c-r the flop on a flush draw? If you think yes then I like the play, but if he has a ten and is truly laggy...then he is going to call down your two-outer.

Saborion
08-17-2004, 12:39 AM
Seems ok to me, although that doesn't really mean much.

SGS
08-17-2004, 12:47 AM
I like the way you played it as long as laggy doesn't have to have at least top pair to check-raise the flop.

SGS

AdamL
08-18-2004, 12:14 AM
I wasn't at all sure whether he was or wasn't.

Is it still correct?

jimswarthow
08-18-2004, 02:16 AM
Could it be that one of the "wide varieties: of hands he is capable of holding contains a 10. The sour look was realizing that u might have flopped a set? and he hated seeing his 10-6 getting beat. Why exactly did you raise? I love it when I have TPTK and someone raises me. My sour look is an act, and It's not real difficult to come off as a LAG feel me?. Be careful this is an occasional/situational play. For the most part it is incorrect. highly incorrect.

AdamL
08-18-2004, 03:13 AM
He wasn't an actor, nor are most players who do act any good at it.

The central issue is, *when you aren't sure* what the check-raise means, do you keep the aggression on and take a free showdown or do you fold right then to this type of player.

He has been seen betting crap like bottom pair and drawing out, and he's on a bit of winner's tilt. But that doesn't mean he can't hold a ten. It also means you might be folding the best hand.

I don't think calling down can be right.

It's just not a very clear cut situation.