PDA

View Full Version : Did play this correctly?

LethalRose
08-16-2004, 06:52 PM
10+1 SNG at party poker..this was the 3rd hand of the game.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed)

CO (t790)
Button (t625)
SB (t920)
BB (t785)
UTG (t740)
UTG+1 (t800)
UTG+2 (t800)
Hero (t800)
MP2 (t955)
MP3 (t785)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls t15, UTG+2 folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises to t40</font>, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, SB folds, BB calls t25, UTG+1 folds.

Flop: (t105) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets t125</font>, Hero calls t125.

Turn: (t355) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">BB bets t620 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t975

After I folded..he showed Q7o..a worse hand then mine. I gave him credit for being in the BB of having 2 spades, he obviously bluffed me.

was my preflop raise to small to scare him away?
should i of reraised on the flop since I had the better hand @ that point?

Chuckles1248
08-16-2004, 06:59 PM
You should have raised a significant amount on the flop, as you almost assuredly have the best hand, and you need to make it wrong for flush draws / straight draws to call you.

You might even consider moving in here, just to pick up the pot right there and not let your opponents see any more cards.

ddubois
08-16-2004, 07:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
10+1 SNG at party poker..this was the 3rd hand of the game.

[/ QUOTE ]
This the the ley phrase. You can't give an opponent credit for that much of a hand heads up this early at this level. 10/1 players are retards, particularly on the first orbit.

TheDrone
08-16-2004, 08:17 PM
In a word: no. I don't agree with how you played any of it. But we are all here to learn, so here's the way I would have played it.

TT in MP this early in a tournament is a limping hand to play only for set value. A raise doesn't do anything but push out additional limpers who could pay me off if I make the set. In other words, I want to see the flop cheaply while making it cheap for others to limp along too. If I miss the flop, in almost all cases I have to dump the hand. With that flop and the big bet in front of me, I would have tripled his flop bet.

The size of your opponent's flop bet in relation to the pot size is typical of someone who caught a piece of the flop but is uncomfortable. Most people won't lead out with a bet like that with just a flush draw. You should feel like you are way ahead on the flop, so raise it up and make him pay to come along.

Even with the off chance that you are behind on the turn, you still have up to ten outs to beat the flush.

LethalRose
08-26-2004, 10:49 PM
I understand exactly what you're trying to say drone..thanks for the comments.

however, lets say instead of going all in he makes a pot size bet, then moves all in once the 3rd space hits. i would probably fold...

A lot of people like to play Ax as long as its suited..if you flop a 4 flush bet it then get aggressive if you hit your flush..I do this quite a bit myself..I believe in supersystem doyle mentions this concept..

in this particular situation I dont like to risk a lot of chips when I have the 2nd or 3rd best hand..if i was down on chips and had to win the pot or be crippled i would of called of course..but being the 3rd hand I had plenty of chips. not having a read on the guy hurt me a lot..he maybe someone who only bets with the nuts or has outs to the nuts..or he may be a moron...

you are right though..someone wouldnt move in with only 4 to a flush..he obviously wanted to scare me off with top pair and prevent me from drawing, which i wasnt because i already hit my hand..

im glad i posted this...