PDA

View Full Version : TT with 3 diff raisers PF

Ponks
08-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Well, I thought this was an interesting hand. Table was generally aggressive, but I havent seen it this aggressive yet, especially preflop. My plan was to lead out the flop and hope that the capper eliminates the initial raiser with a raise. Then I'd just check/call the rest of the way, good plan or no?? Well, he didnt raise, hmm maybe I'm ahead and he has AK, so I lead the turn again, and figure even if he has QQ, KK, or AA he might not raise me cause he fears I may have trip jacks. I think if I get raised on the turn I can fold?? or is this pot too big, cause my plan wsa to fold? Well anyways he just calls, so I lead the river again hoping he'll call with AK, and then he raises me! Hmm, kind've a weird slowplay I guess but now the pot is definitely too big and I cant fold for one more bet so I make the crying call. Comments?? Also, no reads on the players, playing 8 tables so all I have is a small idea of what my table image is and the general characteristics of the table. I'm pretty sure anyone at the table that is actually playing attention sees me as a TAG, but I'm down a pretty decent amount at this table, so maybe they think I play poorly too.

Thanks
Ponks

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+2 with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $3.
<font color="666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="666666">2 folds</font>, UTG folds, UTG+1 raises, Hero 3-bets, MP1 folds, MP3 caps, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (9.33 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero bets, MP3 calls, UTG+1 folds.

Turn: (5.66 BB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP3 calls.

River: (7.66 BB) 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
Hero bets, MP3 raises, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 11.66 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 11.66 BB, between UTG+1, MP1, MP3, SB, BB and UTG.</font>

Ponks
08-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Argh, stupid Eurobet hand histories, I'll try to clean this up.

Ponks

MAxx
08-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Why post blind here in ep? or do you have to do that kind of thing when you are 8-tableing?

Ponks
08-16-2004, 06:46 PM
Hm I dont see where it says I posted a blind, and I'm pretty sure I didnt. However, CO posted a blind, but I'm UTG+2.

Ponks

pstripling
08-16-2004, 06:48 PM
There are very few hands on the river that he can raise with that you can beat other than a pure bluff. I don't like the river bet because A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif just got there. AJo is also possible. AA, KK &amp; QQ are also hands he could have played this way, strange but possible. Then there is 66, JJ, 88 or 33 which would make perfect sense the way he played them. I like the bet on the flop, I like the bet on the turn, I would lean towards calling down if check raised on the turn (as long as the river isn't another overcard).

Haupt_234
08-16-2004, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think if I get raised on the turn I can fold?? or is this pot too big, cause my plan wsa to fold? Well anyways he just calls, so I lead the river again hoping he'll call with AK, and then he raises me! Hmm, kind've a weird slowplay I guess but now the pot is definitely too big and I cant fold for one more bet

[/ QUOTE ]

Looks like his plan worked perfectly...

I wouldn't bet out the flop here after MP3 caps. I don't see you being ahead very often. With that being said, I think MP3 either showed you JJ or AK /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Or he is a donkey.

Haupt_234

Haupt_234
08-16-2004, 06:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Then there is 66, JJ, 88 or 33 which would make perfect sense the way he played them.

[/ QUOTE ]

These aren't hands which warrant a cap preflop, especially when it is already 3 bets to MP3.

Haupt_234

Ponks
08-16-2004, 06:52 PM
Oh man, I totally didnt even see the backdoor flush hit. I probably shoulda check/called on the river looking back now, ugh, why didnt I think of that! However, now you know he doesnt have A /images/graemlins/spade.gifK /images/graemlins/spade.gif. Guess Donkey sounds good /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I still think I like the flop bet though, but I dunno. I wanted to eliminate atleast one of em, and I thought the PF capper would auto raise here, even with AK.

Ponks

pstripling
08-16-2004, 07:11 PM
While I agree, this assumes the button is sensible and doesn't overvalue his hands. The poster stated this was an aggressive table. I've seen the preflop cold cap against 4 people plenty up to 15/30 limits at Party with 22-66. While it is not the norm, sometimes people just like to throw some chips around.

MAxx
08-16-2004, 07:20 PM
my, i obviously misread. yeah, I think i check-call river.

Ponks
08-16-2004, 08:46 PM
MP3 flipped over KQo trying to bluff raise the river. I cant believe he was even in the hand preflop, let alone capping the action, wow! Too bad I had to get crappy cards at this table, if I got some decent hands I think I coulda ended up nicely at this table rather then being down pretty good.

I think next time I play this the same exact check/call the river.

Thanks for the help all

Ponks