PDA

View Full Version : Do you play this flush draw

Tosh
08-16-2004, 06:18 PM
First hand at table you get dealt T8 /images/graemlins/club.gif, all fold to SB who completes. Flop comes KQx with 2 clubs. SB leads out....

easypete
08-16-2004, 06:22 PM
No.

Pot's too small. Pick a better battle.

Yes.

Implied odds and don't want your image on the table as weak.

I vote for fold tho. No shame in it.

MarkD
08-16-2004, 06:27 PM
Thia is 15/30 with 2/3 blind structure right?

If it is then I raise because SB probably has no hand. His hand is almost 100% random because he should be completing the small blind everytime in this spot. I say almost, because his hand is on the low side of the random spectrum since he did not raise.

A different blind structure may induce me to fold but it is unlikely that flop hit someone who open limped in the SB (maybe the x hit him but not the Q or K).

Tosh
08-16-2004, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Thia is 15/30 with 2/3 blind structure right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes.

Chris Daddy Cool
08-16-2004, 06:29 PM
I personally would have raised this preflop.

Tosh
08-16-2004, 06:31 PM
Ok point taken on that front from you 2, guess thats something I don't do enough.

MarkD
08-16-2004, 06:34 PM
Yah, in my post I meant that you should raise the flop but you should also consider raising pre-flop with this hand.

Nate tha' Great
08-16-2004, 06:38 PM
Of course you should play it. You should raise it, in fact, unless he's an exceptionally straightforward player.

First of all, a lot of SB's will bet out reflexively on high-card flops, figuring that you would have raised if you had a decent K or Q in your hand; of course the same thing can be said for the Small Blind himself but he happens to be first to act. You'll actually get a fold here with an immediate raise a decent percentage of the time.

If he doesn't fold immediately - and he usually won't - your flush draw outs will almost always be clean and you can usually take a free card on the turn. Also, your pair outs will sometimes be good.

By raising the flop, you're investing 2 small bets to win the 3 that are already in the pot, plus on average I'm guessing 2 more when you make your flush and he pays you off; you can't fold a four flush getting those sorts of odds.

AceHigh
08-16-2004, 06:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
SB leads out....

[/ QUOTE ]

Raise.

MarkD
08-16-2004, 06:39 PM
Nate,

Do you limp pre-flop in this spot or do you raise?

me454555
08-16-2004, 06:45 PM
I raise this b/c

1) If I were SB, this would be an autobet for me unless I flopped an absolute monster.

2) Since you'll probobly get a free card on the turn if you raise the flop, You're getting the correct odds to try for you're flush draw. Add in the extra bet or 2 on the river you'll make if you hit it and this becomes an easy flop raise.

Nate tha' Great
08-16-2004, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Nate,

Do you limp pre-flop in this spot or do you raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

Probably about 2-to-1 in favor of raising. I like the raise with decent suited and connected hands in this spot since you'll usually win right away if high cards flop and the SB misses, and if not the board will hit your hand often enough, or give you a good draw with the preflop raise usually allowing you to see both the turn and river cards for one additional small bet.

That said, I'll avoid raising if my table image is weak - which it oftentimes is as I get pretty LAG in my blind defense - or if the SB himself is LAGgy and my expectated profit comes from hitting my hand and having him pay me off rather than making an incorrect fold.

Tosh
08-16-2004, 06:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Also, your pair outs will sometimes be good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the thing that got me thinking, a Axx board seems more likely to suggest my pair outs are good. I guess I'm still continuing with the hand though.

FWIW I raised he 3 bet, I called. Turn blank, bet call. River club, check bet call. He had KT.

Trix
08-16-2004, 07:21 PM
Raise. itīs HU...

Saborion
08-16-2004, 08:53 PM
May I ask why you didn't cap?

Tosh
08-17-2004, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
May I ask why you didn't cap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I am not going to get a free card enough.