PDA

View Full Version : Turn raise to try to get h2h in a large pot??

carniplant
08-16-2004, 05:39 PM
I just got to this table, very high pot avg, first few hands people seems pretty loose.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="CC3333">UTG raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, CO folds, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Button calls, Hero calls, BB calls, UTG calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, UTG+2 checks, <font color="CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls.

River: (18 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, MP3 calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 20 BB, between MP3 and Hero.</font>

I've got the odds to call my gutshot on the turn, but with the ace hitting i'd rather be headsup since it probably isn't good all that often, probleme is tables seems really loose they will probably call often, should i have just called the turn?

Ponks
08-16-2004, 07:40 PM
I think it's a good raise on the turn. You may not be ahead, but you may buy some extra outs, or fold someone that would split with you. Tough to tell whether you are ahead or not though, and I'd hate to get reraised on the turn although it seems pretty unlikely that you will to me. Hopefully MP3 has KQ.

Ponks

Kaz The Original
08-16-2004, 08:00 PM
Not liking that flop call.

me454555
08-16-2004, 08:28 PM
I'd just bet out here. What types of hands do you want to eliminate w/a c/r? You want calls from a weaker ace and you have 4 outs to the nuts. I don't think you have to worry about a split pot b/c anyone drawing to a K probobly has a piece of the flop as well like a JT or JQ so they are drawing against you. I don't think you'll eliminate a hand like that with a c/r.

Its too likely that MP will be afraid to bet after that ace hits or will have just hit 2 pair or a strait and you could be facing a 3 bet back your're way.

Just bet out call a raise and play the river just as you did.