PDA

View Full Version : Zidane vs Ronaldinho

Garbonzo
08-16-2004, 05:17 PM
one for the football purists...

http://pm16ar.free.fr/Polo1006_Zidane_vs_Ronnie.wmv

Garbonzo
08-17-2004, 10:21 AM
Are there really no soccer fans up in this joint?

Just a bunch of lazy fisherman I bet.

Anyway, this video is pretty damn awesome, hence bumpity bump for the few that might appreciate it.

La Brujita
08-17-2004, 10:36 AM
Very cool video. I am a huge Zidane fan.

arx
08-17-2004, 10:51 AM
Very nice video.

Probably Ronaldinho will be for the next 10 years what Zidane has been for the last 10....or at least I HOPE SO, being a Barça fan!!!

08-17-2004, 02:00 PM
Very nice video. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Ulysses
08-17-2004, 02:03 PM
What's sick is how a video like this doesn't even really highlight so much of the world class play these guys have when developing attacks, which is so often a thing of pure beauty. Both of these guys are sickeningly good.

Garbonzo
08-17-2004, 02:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What's sick is how a video like this doesn't even really highlight so much of the world class play these guys have when developing attacks, which is so often a thing of pure beauty. Both of these guys are sickeningly good.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing.

Zidane's chest trap that he brings down to his toe, and ALSO turns back on the defender is absolutely incredible.

I watched the 100 greatest goals of all time video yesterday also, I'll link that one tonight or tomorrow. Carlos is all over the thing...and two of the shots are absolutely mindblowing!

I'm glad a few of you enjoyed this...

wayabvpar
08-17-2004, 02:56 PM
As if Zidane needed help, they picked up Owen Friday from Liverpool. How the hell is Real going to get all their superstars on the field at the same time? They must have an extra large lockerroom door to accomodate the swollen heads and huge egos.

Zeno
08-17-2004, 03:13 PM
After about 5 minutes only 3% was downloaded so I gave up.

Is there a part were they leap off the ropes into the stands and start bludgeoning the fans with folding chairs? Wait..... sorry, wrong sport.

Never mind.

-Zeno

Garbonzo
08-17-2004, 03:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
After about 5 minutes only 3% was downloaded so I gave up.

Is there a part were they leap off the ropes into the stands and start bludgeoning the fans with folding chairs? Wait..... sorry, wrong sport.

Never mind.

-Zeno

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, it's big, hit downlaod and go to the store or something. It's worth it.

pudley4
08-17-2004, 04:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
As if Zidane needed help, they picked up Owen Friday from Liverpool. How the hell is Real going to get all their superstars on the field at the same time? They must have an extra large lockerroom door to accomodate the swollen heads and huge egos.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was a poor pickup by Real. Owen won't see the field much (what, he's going to play ahead of Ronaldo and/or Raul?) and they need help on defense.

daveymck
08-17-2004, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As if Zidane needed help, they picked up Owen Friday from Liverpool. How the hell is Real going to get all their superstars on the field at the same time? They must have an extra large lockerroom door to accomodate the swollen heads and huge egos. [/quote

That was a poor pickup by Real. Owen won't see the field much (what, he's going to play ahead of Ronaldo and/or Raul?) and they need help on defense.

[/ QUOTE ]

They got him cos the Vierra deal fell through they had to buy somone to keep the fans happy, Owen and Beckham will come back to the UK at the end of next season.

arx
08-18-2004, 05:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]

They got him cos the Vierra deal fell through they had to buy somone to keep the fans happy, Owen and Beckham will come back to the UK at the end of next season

[/ QUOTE ]

Basically the move was just after they could not stop Etoo from going to FC Barcelona, and not getting Vieira, all in 24-48 hrs.

pudley4
08-18-2004, 09:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
As if Zidane needed help, they picked up Owen Friday from Liverpool. How the hell is Real going to get all their superstars on the field at the same time? They must have an extra large lockerroom door to accomodate the swollen heads and huge egos. [/quote

[/ QUOTE ]

They got him cos the Vierra deal fell through they had to buy somone to keep the fans happy,

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, but it's still stupid /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

wayabvpar
08-18-2004, 01:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They got him cos the Vierra deal fell through they had to buy somone to keep the fans happy, Owen and Beckham will come back to the UK at the end of next season.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hope that is the case- I prefer EPL, and both of them are exciting players to watch.

I also agree it was a bad move by Real...it just doesn't make much sense. I didn't hear the specifics- why did Liverpool let him go? Was the transfer fee to much to pass up? Did he have a bad relationship with the manager or ownership?

arx
08-19-2004, 09:17 AM
Apparently Real Madrid contacted Owen, cut a deal with him, then made a good-ish offer to Liverpool knowing that his contract was going to expire next June. Liverpool took the money quickly to buy Xabi Alonso from Real Sociedad who was also wanted by Real Madrid....

wayabvpar
08-19-2004, 01:12 PM
Isn't that considered tampering? Or is there no agreement between the various Euro leagues not to screw with each other's players under contract? That kind of thing would get you in big trouble in any American sports league.