PDA

View Full Version : Why I Keep Finishing 3rd

RPatterson
08-16-2004, 05:12 PM
The other 2 players NEVER knock each other out! The shorter stack one ALWAYS wins when they go all-in. Since I'm at like 80% 3rd place when in the money, I'm not making it up.

Dominic
08-16-2004, 05:43 PM
maybe you're not being aggressive enough.
maybe you're being too aggressive.

or maybe it's just because you're a tool who dates underage girls.

Hope this helps.

mackthefork
08-16-2004, 06:23 PM
I had similar problems, no one else wants to do the work, you have to bite the bullet and say I will control this table or die trying, in my opinion of course.

Regards Mack

PITTM
08-16-2004, 07:00 PM
steal blinds more and build a bigger stack, trust me, it works.

rj

Cry Me A River
08-16-2004, 07:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
The other 2 players NEVER knock each other out!

[/ QUOTE ]

If that's what you're counting on, just click on "Sit Out" and come back when they're done.

What, are you expecting it handed to you on a platter? Do you want fries with that?

If you're getting blinded out, you're not being aggressive enough. Do you ever steal blinds? If you consistantly steal blinds (if you're playing low-level SNGs it's pretty common for no one else to be familiar with the concept so you have no excuse not too), it doesn't matter if they push chips back and forth all day, you will eventually accumulate all the chips.

If you're busting out, you're being too loose and/or aggressive. When you have a hand, you need to go at it hard, but don't be stupid. And you still need a hand - You see an awful lot of players who are the big stack going into the bubble or ITM (again at low levels) but have no idea how to play with the big stack and just wind up spraying chips all over when they raise/call with anything and keep getting caught.