PDA

View Full Version : UTG+1 66 LIMP

jluker7
08-16-2004, 03:55 PM
How is my play, Should I C/R flop, or wait for turn to unleash the fury, should I slowdown?

I just joined table, last one broke up this is probably 10th hand, so no real reads.

Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG folds, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Flop: (8 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, BB calls, Hero calls, UTG+2 calls.

Turn: (10 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(4 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, <font color="CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+2 calls, BB calls.

River: (23 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, BB folds.

Final Pot: 25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 25 BB, between Hero and UTG+2.</font>

Chuckles1248
08-16-2004, 04:41 PM
I think you should raise the flop, to present any potential flush draws with having to call two cold in a moderate but not huge pot.

That said, when all hell breaks loose between UTG+2 and SB, I like just calling, as you can trap them for more double sized bets on the turn.

Looks to me like BB had a flush draw that he refused to release, and UTG+2 probably have J9 or J6, or maybe something as weak as KJs

Trix
08-16-2004, 04:51 PM
I raise the flop, but rest is good.

If you were sure that SB would bet again on the turn then waiting is prolly ok as only one is behind and he wont have a hand that you want him to fold very often.

Garland
08-16-2004, 05:04 PM
I think you should cap the flop. This is a draw-rich board, and I think you should get the last word in before a spade or straight card comes down to ruin your parade.

You can make an argument for waiting for a blank turn card because the equity of the big bet doubles, but if SB is leading out into you on the turn you're going to make everyone encounter a double bet with a raise, which is not conducive to building a big pot. The added bonus is if you cap the flop and he still leads into you on the turn, you would make even more money.

Garland

jluker7
08-16-2004, 05:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I raise the flop, but rest is good.

If you were sure that SB would bet again on the turn then waiting is prolly ok as only one is behind and he wont have a hand that you want him to fold very often.

[/ QUOTE ]

I should have made the first raise on the flop, not quite sure what I was thinking there, I was worried that SB might not lead turn, so I only earn 1 BB instead of 2. Would you Cap the flop? Or call 3 bets. That is where I am confused at.

I think if I capped flop, I wouldn't have gotten action on turn. SB might not have lead out betting. Or maybe they are just maniacs. Im not sure. I want to make the most profit. I agree with the mistake on the flop not raising.. I loose bets in the longrun there. But should I call/cap flop? Is that suspicious now that I called?

And if I had raised and then Capped, would I then get SB action?

Trix
08-16-2004, 05:08 PM
I like rest of the hand after you dont raise first time. He will almost allways bet again on the turn.

jluker7
08-16-2004, 05:12 PM
Thanks, Helped alot. I was just confused if I could have earned more BB there.

SB Folded to a 3 bet on turn, so maybe If I had capped flop, he might not have led out.

Thanks again.

easypete
08-16-2004, 05:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think you should cap the flop. This is a draw-rich board, and I think you should get the last word in before a spade or straight card comes down to ruin your parade.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know about this:

1. A raise will not shut out draws.
2. Your hand has a great chance of being the best by the river. (If they are on a draw, the have 8 or 9 outs, you have 10 to improve).
3. A raise on the flop will shut down action on turn and river about 99.9% of the time.

I think this is a very difficult decision. I think the way you played it is the best way to optimize the amount you win. Immediately raising the SB and capping the flop would be the best way to win a smaller pot, and may not drive anybody out.

TheHip41
08-16-2004, 05:24 PM
I play this the same way. Capping the flop gives away the strength of your hand. Waiting until the turn to raise makes it look like you picked up an Ace. Nice hand.

Derek

Garland
08-16-2004, 05:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and may not drive anybody out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not trying to drive anybody out. To the contrary, I'm trying to tie everyone in. I know I'm not going to push draws out, but my main objective when I have a set is to get the most money in the pot as possible!

Garland

Trix
08-16-2004, 05:32 PM
Not capping and raising the turn will get more money in imo.

jluker7
08-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Final Pot: 25 BB
<font color="green">Main Pot: 25 BB, between Hero and UTG+2.</font> &gt; <font color="white">Pot won by Hero (25 BB).</font>

Results in white below: <font color="white">
Hero shows 6c 6s (three of a kind, sixes).
UTG+2 shows Ad 9d (two pair, aces and nines).
Outcome: Hero wins 25 BB. </font>

I guess their just LAG.