PDA

View Full Version : Odd session last night. Just an observation.

tripdad
08-16-2004, 02:32 PM
last night i played about a 3 hour session of $5/10 6-max on Party.

I was pretty card dead throughout the session, and whenever i did get a hand like AQs or the likes and raised, i got re-raised by someone and sometimes capped by another.

other times there was an up front raisor when i was in the BB holding a suited connector and i would call getting great odds then be forced to stick around with a flush draw which never came.

while i would catch the occasional big hand from the BB w/64o and the likes and be up a few big bets, inevitably i would come crashing back down, say, 10 big bets. it was a very swingy session which, in the end, left me up 7 1/2 big bets after around 300 hands.

none of this is particularly out of the ordinary other than i won big pots with my trash hands and lost with the strong ones.

the oddest thing, though was another player...pdiddy. this cat had to be bi-polar or something, because one minute he was buddy-buddy with another particular player, and the next minute, he was cursing his children and mother. patdaddy bought in with $330 soon after i sat...i have 238 of his hands in PT. he was as loose as a goose, and more aggressive than typical(16% preflop raise %).

at first i read him for a pretty strong player. he was raising preflop with big hands, and they would hold up more often than not. then i saw him calling down small pots with gutshots and 3 flushes...and of course hitting. he eventually built his stack up to a nice $576. all the while, though, if someone else caught a flush or straight...or even had him outkicked, he tore them up one side and down the other. oh, and he LOVED to check/raise with mediocre holdings. of course, if they stayed and won the pot...even with TPGK, he chastised them for staying in when he had check/raised. "i was representing the straight, you idiot...how could you stay with that XXXX, you stupid motherXXXXer!". of course, since we all knew what he was doing, we would stay in with less than premium holdings.

well, i was bound and determined not to go to bed last night until he left the table. the opportunity for a big score was just too inviting. unfortunately, as i said earlier, i was particularly card dead and rarely got the chance to win a big pot against my newest buddy lister, pdiddy. his best buddy, another quite loose player, started getting hit in the face with monsters and took the bulk of diddy's bankroll(loose buddy ended up over $400 for the session). shoulda seen it...patdaddy left completely broken, and his "buddy", who he openly rooted for when not involved in the pot, was the sorryest XXXXsucking son of a biscuit eating motherXXXXing river rat who ever sat at a partypoker table.

cheers!

i edited and changed the name of the bi-polar player...just thought better of having out there....it may be one of you. /images/graemlins/grin.gif