PDA

View Full Version : I Chickened Out?

IndieMatty
08-16-2004, 02:30 PM
Feeling a little randy on Paradise Poker, 2 weeks on Empire and my testosterone has given me the gift of aggression...until I "come to my senses" and become a weaky.

Paradise Poker 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
UTG folds, <font color="CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO (poster) calls, Button folds, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12 SB) 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (8.50 BB) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, CO calls, SB calls.

River: (11.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, CO checks.

Final Pot: 11.50 BB

Results to come;

Questions: Bad pre-flop raise? Definitely bad River non-bet?

PS. I went to Paradise after encountering 2+2er after 2+2er on Emp/PP...is Sunday TAG day?

stoxtrader
08-16-2004, 02:34 PM
I like the PF raise with the poster, otherwise I just call.

I would go for a check-raise on the flop, you have 3 too act behind you and a raise is very likely an overcard or straight or flush draw hoping for the turn free-card.

zram21
I would have probably limped with this preflop. Bet the river. It looks like everyone missed their draws. No one has given you a reason to think you aren't ahead at this point so bet.

balkii
unless the table has been playing fairly tight - I dont like the raise. 1 or 2 more spots back, yes, but you are still early enough to start a limpfest, especially with the presence of the CO poster.

flop turn good
river .BAD. but you already knew that.

Haupt_234
08-16-2004, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Questions: Bad pre-flop raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldn't say bad, but it isn't a hand I raise in EP.

[ QUOTE ]
Definitely bad River non-bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'de say so. I think it's an easy bet as a jack would have raised you on the turn. If you are going to bet the turn when the jack does hit, why check the river when the 12 of green speakers comes out?

Haupt_234

IndieMatty
08-16-2004, 02:43 PM
The Raise was because like I said, I was feeling a little laggy? I should have commented that the CO is known to river raise. Yeah it's a bad hand, I'm embarrassed to put it out there.

MoreWineII
08-16-2004, 02:55 PM
If you only put out the good hands, you wouldn't learn anything.

Whoa, that sounded pretty wise. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

IndieMatty
08-16-2004, 05:01 PM
Results: SB had a6
CO: had 97

and MHIG

Thanks to all.