PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Tommy Angelo

rory
08-16-2004, 02:12 PM
Lost $1000 at $20/40 in an hour this weekend.

I thought that through many hours of play and being beat in every possible way I had become immune to the effects of having beats put on me, but I found out on Saturday that I still have some inner steeling to do. After the fifth one in a small span of time I felt my inner resolve crumble away-- the sort of confused, not really knowing what is happening in a game you just learned how to play feeling. You are unsure of the rules and the strategy. You are lost. Confused. The sort of feeling when someone you love does something horrible and completely unexpected and out of character. The world spins a bit. I felt punch drunk and exhausted. Reeling. But then, the player who had been bad beating me all night asked me as he raked in another gigantic pot, "How are you not upset?" I shrugged, folded a few more hands for the look of it and got up to go sit on the bench, breathe and watch the rain.

-rory

onegymrat
08-16-2004, 04:22 PM
This sounds like my Sunday, exactly! Although while you enjoyed the rain and some fresh air, I bought another rack.